Hello Iam new electric guitars and I was wondering if any one could help me out.
Such as what I should be looking for with sound, feeling and pick ups. Iam getting a new and also first electric soon and would appreciate any and all feed back that could help me make shure I make the right choice, thanks.

Your fellow guitarist,
iplaythings
what type(s) of music do you want to play?

what's your budget?

rough location (country is fine) will help too as different things are available in different parts of the world
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If it's not a troll....

You really need to decide what you like and what sounds good to you. I can suggest guitars all day long, but you may not like any of them. You really need to do what most of us do when we're buying a new instrument - we go to the guitar store and play through as many guitars as we can. When that magic one finds its way into your hands, you'll know it. There'll be a bonding with the instrument and you'll know it's the right one.

How long have you been playing? That can also be a determining factor.
Quote by iplaythings
http://www.brightonmusic.com/p-5752-ibanez-sa260fm-flame-top-s-series-electric-guitar.aspx its a link to the one i plan on getting from the dealer's sight I it looks like a good one and I got a deacent look at it in the dealer and put it on lay away (thogh I can take it off if does't seem good) what do you think sence you seem more expatinced.

Have you played it yet? If not, you need to read my first post. You gotta play it, man. Ordering a guitar off the internet that you've never played before is like getting a mail order bride - you have no idea what she's like. You have to play the instrument and form a bond with it. No bond? You may not be happy with it.
I did get it in store and was going to get a chanch to play soon but I did play a bit unpluged (if it maders) and it seems to have a good feel. Ive also been playing sence mid December (2012) on my ibandz 3U-01.
Ok. Here's the deal. You've been playing for about 6 or 7 months. Don't worry about the guitar's tone or sound at this point. Just focus on finding something that has good build quality and feels good in your hands. Make sure it plays good, too.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Ok. Here's the deal. You've been playing for about 6 or 7 months. Don't worry about the guitar's tone or sound at this point. Just focus on finding something that has good build quality and feels good in your hands. Make sure it plays good, too.

Ok thanks dude. From what I could tell it felt good and Ill make shure it plays good as well. Also ask a lot of questions just to be safe. Thanks.
You're quite welcome. Not sure if you know why I recommended not worrying about tone for this guitar. It takes two or three years for most new guitarists to "find" their ear and learn to recognize good tone from bad. And really, good tone and bad are quite subjective - what I find to be good might not be so good to someone else. Once you develop your ear, it'll get easier to pick what sounds good to you. For now, it's just really important to choose a guitar that is easy to play and built well, so that you're motivated to play and learn.
Quote by KG6_Steven
You're quite welcome. Not sure if you know why I recommended not worrying about tone for this guitar. It takes two or three years for most new guitarists to "find" their ear and learn to recognize good tone from bad. And really, good tone and bad are quite subjective - what I find to be good might not be so good to someone else. Once you develop your ear, it'll get easier to pick what sounds good to you. For now, it's just really important to choose a guitar that is easy to play and built well, so that you're motivated to play and learn.

Ya Ill defantly rember that when I get it. Thanks for all your help.

Sinsearly,
iplaythings