Am I the only one that thinks the obsession with mustaches is getting old?

Page 1 of 3
I live in Austin with a bunch of the stereotypical ironic hipsters with thick rim glasses and beards (I would think by now people would be a bit more original). And there's still this attitude of old-timey mustaches being "super awesome."

I see a lot of cars with this decal on it and I'm just like "Really, bro?"

Not to mention that I always see mustache paraphernalia in stores like keychains, stickers and most recently mustache duct tape.

Does anyone else find this stuff to be annoying?
Hipsters are universally terrible people. It'll end, give it 5 years.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Are people really doing that shit to their cars? I'm going to intentionally run them off the road

Quote by Weaponized
people wear suspenders and bow ties seriously just let culture happen

I don't see anything wrong with this as long as your job requires you to dress nice. I've done this combo multiple occasions at work.

Now outside of work is a different story
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
Are people really doing that shit to their cars? I'm going to intentionally run them off the road
You drive through downtown Austin and you'll see at least one each time.
I haven't seen those but these are muuch worse

Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I guess they want people to look at that instead of their shit car
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
It's funny because I saw a mustache car on my way home this evening.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to purchase things.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I'd do that, strap a top hat on top, and put a monocle on one of the lights.

It shall be Car Carington III.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
I'd do that, strap a top hat on top, and put a monocle on one of the lights.

It shall be Car Carington III.

This would actually be amusing, do it
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
it's like, hair
that grows on your face
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Is someone upset because they can't grow a mustache?

The car lashes are stupider than the car 'stache.
i did movember b5 it was cool (b5 is 1 more than b4 in case you didn't know)

Quote by MinterMan22
i did movember b5 it was cool (b5 is 1 more than b4 in case you didn't know)

Surely to be better than b4 it you should've done it b3.
Quote by Malchius
Surely to be better than b4 it you should've done it b3.

doing math the right way is so unoriginal

Quote by MinterMan22
doing math the right way is so unoriginal

Then i've been original since 91
Sail upon the open skies
Hipsters aside, I see a lot of girls do the whole mustache obsession thing. I asked one of them, a friend of mine, why aren't guys with mustaches considered awesomely hot, and she said cause they look stupid. I was like wtf.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
I thought everyone was tired of it already.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Zoot Allures
Just do what i do and accept that all these people suck and be thankful you aren't one of them.

You know that is such a simple solution that applies to many things in life.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by soundgarden1986
The obsession with beards and bacon is equally lame

Blasphemer!

Quote by soundgarden1986

Exactly. Memes in general are ****ing lame now. Memes were okay when they were confined to the internet, but now the internet has become super mainstream. So every time anything comes out that people like, it EXPLODES INTO THE REAL WORLD AND IT'S ON T-SHIRTS AND TV SHOWS AND ADVERTS. It just gets so old and dull. It kills jokes by being overdone. Every time. Whenever something is funny, it gets obscenely exposed. This is why we can't have nice things.
Quote by soundgarden1986

backed.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I have a great disdain for hipsters. Everything from the piece of shit Prius to thrift shop pants they buy with trust fund money. The mustache isn't more annoying than anything else they do. It just adds on to their intolerability. Not to mention their hatred of anything that becomes popular and makes money is extremely annoying.
Last edited by zackk at Jun 28, 2013,
Mustaches are what happened when the kids who wanted to be hipsters couldn't grow beards.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I just want to note that I was a bowtie/sweater wearer before it started to become hip and fashionable.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Why would you even care?
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
i can't even give a shit. i've transcended this 'hipster' fiasco to a nirvana of not caring because i realized you guys would make fun of anyone that looked or dressed differently than you.
Quote by Eastwinn
i can't even give a shit. i've transcended this 'hipster' fiasco to a nirvana of not caring because i realized you guys would make fun of anyone that looked or dressed differently than you.

You're trying to take the moral high ground here; for us shaming a group of people that pretty well deserve it. Sound as "above it" as you want, but the kinds of dudes that grow out a 1800's style mustache, wear sweater vests and bow-ties, and try to tell me how great the early We Are Scientists albums were deserve every bit of mocking they receive.

These dudes are doing it to themselves. They don't dress themselves and grow out that facial hair by accident. It's totally fair for us to judge them for those choices. You can totally judge me for my clothing and hair style if you'd like. It's completely my decision.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I thought this thing ended like last year or something.

My dad's had a mustache his whole life and shaved it off for good 2 years ago. #aheadofthecurve
cat
has anyone ever considered the fact that these vest-wearing, weird music-listening, mustache-having "hipsters" might just...i dunno...like different things than you do?

Guys like me that work as guitar and sound techs who have to deal with them in our daily lives. That's who.

consider getting over yourself, just a little bit. we all have to deal with people who bug us, but that doesn't mean those people "deserve to be shamed"
Last edited by flame843 at Jun 28, 2013,
I try not to give a shit about what other people like. It doesn't harm me if people like mustaches.
Page 1 of 3