CLICK!

You wont regret this. I promise.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Last edited by DamienEx1021 at Jun 27, 2013,
God, that was stupid. You lied to me.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
God, that was stupid. You lied to me.

I did not lie. The band is in fact made out of metal.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

God, that was you. Stupid me to lied.

EDIT: **** you and your combo breaking bullshit.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by DamienEx1021
I did not lie. The band is in fact made out of metal.

I'm talking about you promising I wouldn't regret it.

God, you stupid lied. That me to was.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

that was the lamest shit i've seen in my entire life

oh and God, to stupid. Me you that lied was

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Jun 27, 2013,
So I take it most of you don't appreciate the engineering, electrical and mechanical, and computer programing that went into producing 3 robots entirely capable of playing instruments. Sure they don't have a soul, but it is the science behind it that is f*cking awesome.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by DamienEx1021
So I take it most of you don't appreciate the engineering, electrical and mechanical, and computer programing that went into producing 3 robots entirely capable of playing instruments. Sure they don't have a soul, but it is the science behind it that is f*cking awesome.

what a waste of time

Quote by DamienEx1021

Dude, it's nothing new. It's been done before. Not a full band or anything, but machines playing music. Why would I be impressed by it now?
Quote by MinterMan22
what a waste of time

Also that.
Quote by SGstriker

Quote by Morphogenesis26
I regret clicking.

Now, if they were griming it up, it may have been alright.

Aww common! Would have thought you would at least appreciate it. I mean yeah, machine plays music, big whoop. But the fact that these are more animated, perfectly synced, can speed up and slow down based on crowd reactions, and can do it all perfectly, never mess up, and get it right every time.... yeah they are machines, but they were built by people who had innovation and motivation to do something that had only sorta been done to no great extent.

I just think the specialization that we are getting out of robots nowadays is awesome. How much longer till we get a robot that can perform surgery?

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by DamienEx1021
Aww common! Would have thought you would at least appreciate it. I mean yeah, machine plays music, big whoop. But the fact that these are more animated, perfectly synced, can speed up and slow down based on crowd reactions, and can do it all perfectly, never mess up, and get it right every time.... yeah they are machines, but they were built by people who had innovation and motivation to do something that had only sorta been done to no great extent.

I just think the specialization that we are getting out of robots nowadays is awesome. How much longer till we get a robot that can perform surgery?

Yeah, it's nice that we have robots that can play instruments, but as far as music goes, why does it matter? The only time I can see it being really interesting is when they're like androids and can play shit fluidly on a stage, otherwise they're just giant ass computers making sounds that don't even require actual instruments anymore.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Yeah, it's nice that we have robots that can play instruments, but as far as music goes, why does it matter? The only time I can see it being really interesting is when they're like androids and can play shit fluidly on a stage, otherwise they're just giant ass computers making sounds that don't even require actual instruments anymore.

Except these are machines that are using actual instruments and aren't just making sounds. And besides, it doesn't do anything musically... yet. Just think if you program a robot to react to a crowd, and based on whether or not the crowd is cheering or booing or given some sort of reaction the robot can pick up on to change what it is doing. Eventually after being presented with enough crowds or groups of people, something that is arguably called 'music' could easily emerge. It might be something extremely simple but it would be a huge step none the less.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by DamienEx1021
Except these are machines that are using actual instruments and aren't just making sounds.
What? Who's talking about robots making sounds?

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Dude, it's nothing new. It's been done before. Not a full band or anything, but machines playing music. Why would I be impressed by it now?
When I said this, I meant it with instruments in mind. Shoots, you could go through hundreds of videos on this on YT.

Sorry to keep going on like this. If it's impressive to you, then... good for you. But really, I don't exactly see any reason to... you know... care.
Quote by SGstriker

How do we know that wasen't some Japanese guy just programing it into a DAW and just dubbing it over some robots attempting to act like they are playing something???? And whoever programed it doesn't know how to play or program any sensible guitar riffs.
Quote by DamienEx1021
Except these are machines that are using actual instruments and aren't just making sounds. And besides, it doesn't do anything musically... yet. Just think if you program a robot to react to a crowd, and based on whether or not the crowd is cheering or booing or given some sort of reaction the robot can pick up on to change what it is doing. Eventually after being presented with enough crowds or groups of people, something that is arguably called 'music' could easily emerge. It might be something extremely simple but it would be a huge step none the less.

It's technologically impressive, of course, but I just don't see the end result being anything more than that.

Maybe I'm understating how impressive it is.