Me and the other guitarist for my band were talking about how we wanted to look on stage. We decided that we wanted white cabs with black hardware, but we came up with the idea of changing the panel that the speakers are mounted on to plexi-glass and putting an LED light strip on the inside of the cab, so we can change colors with each different set, but what I'm wondering is, will this effect the sound of the cab? and if so how?

we'd also have black metal grills instead of black grill cloth.

Additional info:
We're a metalcore band, so we're running a lot of gain (5150 and a triple rectifier)
We're gonna have two vintage 30's and two G12T-75 speakers in each cab, and we want to keep our bottom end as tight as we can
Quote by ExDementia
It shouldn't make a huge difference with the sound, but do you really want the mounting point to be see through? All you'll see is the back of the cab and wiring. Its just a thought.

Well, we're thinking that the LEDs will shine over that, and we can move the wiring so if wouldn't be so obvious.
Quote by ExDementia
It shouldn't make a huge difference with the sound, but do you really want the mounting point to be see through? All you'll see is the back of the cab and wiring. Its just a thought.

How would you think it could change the sound?
That seems like it would be A LOT of money in plexi to do. You'd have to get some pretty thick stuff to hold up to the weight of the speakers + the sound waves
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Last edited by RCA1186 at Jun 28, 2013,
Quote by RCA1186
That seems like it would be A LOT of money in plexi to do. You'd have to get some pretty thick stuff to hold up to the weight of the speakers + the sound waves

I've realized that now. It would end up costing $440 for both of us to do it, so we've decided against it. thanks for your guy's help though.
Quote by xXxJUSTJACKxXx
Me and the other guitarist for my band were talking about how we wanted to look on stage. We decided that we wanted white cabs with black hardware, but we came up with the idea of changing the panel that the speakers are mounted on to plexi-glass and putting led lights strip on the inside of the cab, so we can change colors with each different set, but what I'm wondering is, will this effect the sound of the cab? and if so how?

we'd also have black metal grills instead of black grill cloth.

Additional info:
We're a metalcore band, so we're running a lot of gain (5150 and a triple rectifier)
We're gonna have two vintage 30's and two G12T-75 speakers in each cab, and we want to keep our bottom end as tight as we can

Very nice style for stage appearance... i have used these lights several times and there is no such problem
Last edited by TerryFranklin at Jul 10, 2013,