Page 1 of 3
when you die you lose brain function, your primary and only tool in perceiving time, and existing. without it, what's to stop time from ending the universe?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Other brains, although I feel like I don't quite understand the question.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Other brains, although I feel like I don't quite understand the question.

time isn't linear; nobody perceives time exactly as someone else does. and that's even more-so with other animals.

so when we die we can no longer perceive time at all, because all 'time' is, is something our brains translated for us to make a little sense out of reality. Without it, could the universe end?

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
time isn't linear; nobody perceives time exactly as someone else does. and that's even more-so with other animals.

so when we die we can no longer perceive time at all, because all 'time' is, is something our brains translated for us to make a little sense out of reality. Without it, could the universe end?

Color is merely an interpretation of the brain.

Some people are color blind.

Do color blind people end color?
i think op's real question is this:

do we all exist solely in his mind?

the answer, of course, is yes.
sigless
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

Time is subject to the flow of energy. If everything in the universe stopped all at once, which theoretically can happen if the universe was sucked into a black hole for example, time in that universe would stop. It is not subject to how our minds perceive it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

I blame Brian Green for this statement. So many people just regurgitate a sentence they heard from a popular physicist without understanding why it was said. And as a result, they use it wrong.

Granted, people like Brian Green are often misleading in order to make their work sound more interesting to the masses. Not to say that it isn't interesting, it's just that most people want to hear some little statement instead of going through the time to learn the full concept.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Color is merely an interpretation of the brain.

Some people are color blind.

Do color blind people end color?

slightly different to dying...

But colour exists in the universe, and if the universe exists; so does colour. so The only way to end colour would be to end the universe, which potentially happens when you die.

So blind people are only losing the ability to distinguish colours

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by metal4eva_22
I blame Brian Green for this statement. So many people just regurgitate a sentence they heard from a popular physicist without understanding why it was said. And as a result, they use it wrong.

Granted, people like Brian Green are often misleading in order to make their work sound more interesting to the masses. Not to say that it isn't interesting, it's just that most people want to hear some little statement instead of going through the time to learn the full concept.

I genuinely have no idea who brian green is...

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Trowzaa
People die every second. Do they stop time?

not for the rest of us, obviously.

but does the universe end for them?
You guys are thinking about this while looking through a tunnel the length of america, open your thoughts.

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Your perception of time would cease as would your perception of all things, your specific brand of time would no longer be perceived but I think it would still exist as a hypothetical thing, because time passes everywhere (I think, IDK) whether it is observed or not (Once again, I think IDK)

All that aside I think a persons linear passage through time as they observed it would continue after death.

TS is a fag.
Last edited by strait jacket at Jun 28, 2013,
I feel like you aren't explaining your thoughts very well, obscene.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by strait jacket

TS is a fag.

+1, I heard he masturbates to ponies too

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Yes.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

Sounds like some dude who they'd have commentating on ESPN regularly. Like some brain damaged fullback or something.

And to answer the question, yes, it does end. But only when I die, not anyone else, because I'm that awesome.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Oh boy what a great question. I hope TS asks something like "If a tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound" next.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Oh boy what a great question. I hope TS asks something like "If a tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound" next.

no because that would be stupid

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

He's a semi-famous theoretical physicist.

And no. The universe does not end when you die. Are you some ego-centric 7 year old?

The earth will keep spinning around the sun which is orbiting in our galaxy which is smack dab in the soup that is our universe. Suns will keep burning and 7 billion people will keep on living not knowing that you died or even existed
Last edited by PapaKooLay at Jun 28, 2013,
Quote by PapaKooLay

And no. The universe does not end when you die. Are you some ego-centric 7 year old?

The earth will keep spinning around the sun which is orbiting in our galaxy which is smack dab in the soup that is our universe. Suns will keep burning and 7 billion people will keep on living not knowing that you died or even existed

Everyone seems to be thinking that I mean the universe ends for everyone, that's not what I'm saying...

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by PapaKooLay

Clearly you've never met our Johnny-Bravo-avatar-sporting friend before.

Love you, Obscene
ladies love me, I can't help that

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Do you mean that the universe could end anytime after you die and you would be unable to "observe" it? (Yes) or that the universe ends for you? (Yes)
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Everyone seems to be thinking that I mean the universe ends for everyone, that's not what I'm saying...

The fact remains that the universe ending when we die is an illusion.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
It's wibbly-woobly, timey-wimey... Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Time continues physically, yes. Metaphorically, your time is over, therefore your consciousness ends its turn perceiving time. All of your particles continue existing within and being affected by time and the universe, but as for your consciousness, time is over, because your consciousness is a result of those aforementioned particles in their exact right place.

So, wibbly-woobly, timey-wimey.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

That's what I was saying...

And if he was famous instead of semi-famous, I'd know who he was.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

While that is true, we all, including animals, still percieve time one way or another, therefore after we die there is still going to be something alive that percieves time.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

If you are talking about the deaths of every living thing, then we must look at what was happening before life existed for the answer. As far as we know, the universe existed for a very long time before life did, after all, you need a universe to exist first so that life has something to exist in, so if we consider that the universe existed for all that time without the existence of life, then there's no reason to think that all life ending would also cause the universe to end.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

You guys are thinking about this while looking through a tunnel the length of america, open your thoughts.

Obviously it does. They have no conscious any more. Everything ends for them.
Quote by Trowzaa
Obviously it does. They have no conscious any more. Everything ends for them.

It is actualy possible to present an argument against that.

If we consider life as basicaly consisting of two things, a physical presence and a conscious presence, then we can also consider that although the conscious presence ends at the point of death, the physical presence continues for a while and goes through natural changes during decomposition, so, in that sense, "everything" doesn't "end" for them at the point of death, it just ends for their conscious presence.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jun 28, 2013,
the problem with questions like this is you haven't specifically defined the extremely heavy words used in question. to get an answer to a question, the answer will be in as much detail as the question. another problem with this question is it relies heavily upon personal perceptions. there is no answer to this question for this reason, just speculation that leads to learning about specific terms and perceptions. if you told me the world you cannot see right now does not exist, that is an equally 'acceptable philosophical perception' as the idea that even things we do not see exists, just like holding the idea that the universe ends when we die is an equally 'acceptable philosophical perception' as the idea that we are just eyes that pick up the real world for an amount of time until we rot, and after we rot things are still there even if we can't see them, just like the idea that nature flows was equally acceptable to the idea that nature is one..

so instead of asking these philosophical questions and expecting an answer, you have to ask them and expect a lot of speculation ending with an understanding to not only the credibility of all the different perceptions, but an understanding of the unspecific and deafening nature of the question you asked.

this may be bullshit because it's a scrambled thought, but i encourage people to challenge my belief. please note this isn't a resentful rant, i've thought about questions like these for a very large portion of the last 3 or so years, and conclusions like these are what i come to.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Xiaoxi

If woman or a brony says something in a forest and no one's around to hear it, are they still wrong?
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

wat

I don't know about your question, but now I'm concerned about universe sized black holes.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
No, of course the universe doesn't end, you jumped up dingus. You die, you get buried in a hole to be eaten by worms and the everything carries on. Probably a lot happier because of it, too.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Page 1 of 3