I take care of the the disabled (primarily the mentally disabled), and I work the nocturnal shift, meaning that for something like seven hours of each shift, everyone's asleep. During this time, I do a couple hours of cleaning and preparing for the morning, and will have various situations that need to be dealt with throughout the night, but I'm left with a lot of free time. I don't want to fall asleep, because I may be needed, for anything from needing to make a client's bed for them to a medical emergency. I've ended up watching movies on my laptop a lot, but I'm quickly running out of things I want to watch. Any suggestions for good movies? Some of the movies I've brought to work so far that I've enjoyed have been Silver Linings Playbook, Pulp Fiction, Clerks, Clerks 2, Dogma, Limitless, Paranoid Park, Spun and A Scanner Darkly.
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Go watch the guard.

Seriously.

****ing hilarious
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
I've seen it, though I may get it again, because it's been awhile.

Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Go watch the guard.

Seriously.

****ing hilarious
I've found three movies and a TV show with that name; which are you referring to?
The Irish one, with Brendan Gleeson

also watch In Bruges
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
A Serbian Film
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Hydra150
The Irish one with Brendan Gleeson

this

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Pineapple Express
The Road
The Impossible
Shutter Island
Gone Baby Gone
The Town
Memento
Seven
Zodiac
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Alien
Predator
Total Recall
Last Action Hero
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Req for a Dream
The Machinist
District 9
The Grey
Super 8
American History x
Primal Fear
No Country For Old Men
Sail upon the open skies
12 Monkeys
Brazil
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Dr. Parnassus Wonder Emporium

Any other Terry Gilliam movie.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Has The Pit changed since I stopped browsing regularly? Because you guys are all being really helpful and not arguing with each other, and I just don't remember this ever happening. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I'm looking forward to my next few shifts thanks to you.
"Happiness" (1998)

You won't regret it, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
Quote by Faux
"Happiness" (1998)

You won't regret it, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

I've never seen it, but i've seen the

I came scene

****ing hilarious

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I've never seen it

I would highly recommend it, I saw that clip on UG actually and had to watch the movie. It might not be a movie for everyone but I loved it . Content aside, the cinematography is actually phenomenal in its brilliant incorporation of a myriad of techniques.
My favorites I watched recently are

Sleepwalk With Me
End of Watch
50/50
Requiem For A Dream
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by snipelfritz
12 Monkeys
Brazil
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Dr. Parnassus Wonder Emporium

Any other Terry Gilliam movie.

tideland is really good, too
sigless
Requiem For a Dream is a great movie, but I never intend to watch it again. I consider myself to be a very empathetic person, and as a result, I just find myself depressed after watching the ending of the movie... I mean, artistically, it's an achievement, it's a climax of misery, it's so well done, but I just don't want to see it again.
Quote by angusfan16
Pineapple Express
The Road
The Impossible
Shutter Island
Gone Baby Gone
The Town
Memento
Seven
Zodiac
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Alien
Predator
Total Recall
Last Action Hero
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Req for a Dream
The Machinist
District 9
The Grey
Super 8
American History x
Primal Fear
No Country For Old Men

Bolded are the ones I have seen and watched more than once.
Quote by herby190
Requiem For a Dream is a great movie, but I never intend to watch it again. I consider myself to be a very empathetic person, and as a result, I just find myself depressed after watching the ending of the movie... I mean, artistically, it's an achievement, it's a climax of misery, it's so well done, but I just don't want to see it again.

what, not a fan of ass-to-ass?
sigless
Quote by herby190

Yeah, the misery I felt during was a lot more genuine than it is with most other depressing films.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
I watched Devil's Own recently, that was good. This is a bit feminine of me but I loved Safety Not Guaranteed, it's quite... charming. Also in a much opposite light, Bronson is one of the funniest films I've ever seen (may have been situational)
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Last edited by snappedstrings6 at Jun 28, 2013,
Quote by hriday_hazarika
I think it's time to introduce TS to anime.

No, we're keeping this shit Ammmurrrican.

3 months at least (start with Home Movies, Mission Hill and The Critic. Then Duckman, The Oblongs, and MTVs Downtown. Then go wherever from there):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr2UoRqjyF2t_HFO6_jFx1Q
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Jun 28, 2013,
Anything Coen brothers, Almost anything Tarantino. Could seriously go for too long.
You should watch Primer.
You should also watch O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Also Seven Psychopaths.
The thin red line

The Truman show

Little miss sunshine

Not movies, but....

Arrested development

Ben bailey's stand up comedy

The office

Jim gaffigan's stand up
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
You should totally watch Ikiru if you aren't bored with black and white movies.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Are you into watching TV at all? That can be engaging. Why not watch some seasons of shows you might like?

I'm definitely not a movie-buff, so TV is pretty much the only suggestion I can give, aside from echoing others here.

I suggest:

How I Met Your Mother
Two 1/2 Men (Early episodes. Stop around season 2)
Big Bang Theory
Community
Parks and Rec
Hannibal
Game of Thrones
Doctor Who
Lost
Arrested Development
Firefly
Fringe
Children's Hospital
NTSF:SD:SUV
Eagle Heart
The Office (US and UK)
Saturday Night Live

And if you're into cartoons/animated shows:

Adventure Time
Regular Show
The Amazing World of Gumball
Star Wars: the Clone Wars (Both series)
Venture Bros.
American Dad
Bob's Burgers
The Simpsons (Earlier episodes)
The "Road To..." episodes of Family Guy, or really any Brian and Stewie-centric episodes
Metalocalypse

I'm more of a comedy-guy, but I included some must-watches in there too. Sorry if these don't really work. It's all I got, suggestion-wise.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
Last edited by sideslick at Jun 28, 2013,
I dunno if you're into it, but foreign cinema can be good here because there's usually a whole catalogue of good films you've never seen. Though finding good rips can be a bit of a hassle.

I'm going through everything Takeshi Kitano has done and I'm also trying to get through a long list of japanese animated films (previously I had only really watched ghibli/miyazaki stuff)

Also, I suggest going through a tv series every once in a while to shake things up between endless movies. If you've got internet, you could also try debates/discussions like TED talks on youtube, if you're into that sort of thing. You could also put some turn-based strategy games on your laptop as you can take your time with them, so they shouldn't really take up your whole attention.

If I were in your position, I'd also read books and graphic novels too, as just sitting and watching can get tedious. You could also try doing something creative with that free time, like drawing, writing music, wood carving, etc. I personally practice origami when I have shifts doing nothing (sometimes when I need extra cash, I do late night reception shifts at A&E, which is pretty dull on weekdays)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
I dunno if you're into it, but foreign cinema can be good here because there's usually a whole catalogue of good films you've never seen. Though finding good rips can be a bit of a hassle.

I'm going through everything Takeshi Kitano has done and I'm also trying to get through a long list of japanese animated films (previously I had only really watched ghibli/miyazaki stuff)

Also, I suggest going through a tv series every once in a while to shake things up between endless movies.

If I were in your position, I'd also read books and graphic novels too, as just sitting and watching can get tedious. You could also try doing something creative with that free time, I personally practice origami when I have shifts doing nothing (sometimes I do late night reception shifts at A&E, which is pretty dull on weekdays)
I'll probably get a few seasons of a show or two as well. I'll also probably end up bringing books as soon as I figure out what I want to read. As far a hobby, I've been meaning to find something to do, but the problem is that it has to be something that wouldn't suffer from being interrupted, because I never know how many times my clients are going to need me throughout the night. I was thinking about maybe taking the time to work out a bit, but at 2 AM, it's a little hard to get yourself to start doing some sit-ups.
Quote by theguitarist

This. Some of my favourites are Chinese and Norwegian films- There are some great historical epics from China and Norway makes really good black comedies.
Quote by herby190
I'll probably get a few seasons of a show or two as well. I'll also probably end up bringing books as soon as I figure out what I want to read. As far a hobby, I've been meaning to find something to do, but the problem is that it has to be something that wouldn't suffer from being interrupted, because I never know how many times my clients are going to need me throughout the night. I was thinking about maybe taking the time to work out a bit, but at 2 AM, it's a little hard to get yourself to start doing some sit-ups.

sorry, I edited my posted a bit. there's some suggestions there about interruptible things.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I actually like the idea of writing during my shifts; it's probably the quietest time I have all day. Turn-based games are a good idea as well, but I feel I spend too much time gaming already, so I should probably limit that.