I'm looking at Les Paul-shaped guitars that I can install a Bigsby B700 on, and one of my top options is the ESP LTD EC330FM due to its all-black hardware etc. Since I won't have the money to change the pickups for a while, I'd like some opinions of the guitar as it is. I've heard complaints regarding the pickup's relative weakness, but since I wouldn't be playing much metal anyway, this doesn't bother me too much.

Will the guitar be a worthwhile investment for a mix of genres, or should I go for something like the Ibanez Art320, which is more or less the same price?
I think its a nice guitar as for ltd, however i remember trying 200 series, it was just NO.
I'm not a fan. Especially if you're going for something Les-Paulish. ESP/LTD's bolt neck heels are not really something to write home about.

Also, where in the world are you? In the US none of the 330 models have black hardware. It's black nickel.

If you want something with black hardware, any of the old LTDs will do. You can get an old EC-400 for really cheap, like $300 or so. They're flat top though, so keep that in mind.

I would take an ART320 in a heartbeat over an LTD 330. However an LTD 400 will slay either.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jun 28, 2013,
Quote by Offworld92
I'm not a fan. Especially if you're going for something Les-Paulish. ESP/LTD's bolt neck heels are not really something to write home about.

Also, where in the world are you? In the US none of the 330 models have black hardware. It's black nickel.

If you want something with black hardware, any of the old LTDs will do. You can get an old EC-400 for really cheap, like $300 or so. They're flat top though, so keep that in mind.

I would take an ART320 in a heartbeat over an LTD 330. However an LTD 400 will slay either.

I meant black nickel, that was the main reason the LTD was ahead of the Ibanez personally, my bad for the confusion. Cheers for the opinion though.

EDIT: Can someone please outline the advantages the 401's have over the 330's apart from the EMGs and tuners?
Last edited by DeanoM50810 at Jun 28, 2013,
Proper set neck build. The 330s all have bolt on necks to cut costs.

If you're going to swap the pups regardless and you get along with the block neck heel, and you're not going to go used, then a 330 would be fine.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X