Hi there.

I was thinking about buying this telecaster off the internet and it's very cheap. I was wondering what model this is? (see the pictures)

Thanks in advance.
Ask for a serial number and post it here.

It could be an American Special because of the bridge.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I don't see a serial number anywhere.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Ask for a picture of the headstock too.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

I already asked for a picture of the headstock but he's not replying. These pictures show that there's no serial number anywhere. I don't think it's original Fender, I was just wondering if anyone knows something more about it.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I don't see a serial number anywhere.

I don't think the AM Specials have them on the headstock.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

I would be the happiest person in the world if it was American Special for this price (about 200$)
I guess you'll have to wait for an answer then. :/
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

I'm not very patient when it comes to guitars :/ I'll probably buy it and pray it sounds good, because it looks beautiful
Hmm I can't really tell.

I'd go and have a play. If it's nice then $200 can be a good deal. Would it better than a Mexican Tele which can be got for a little more? Doubtful.

It's a risk.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

I know it's a risk :/ the guitar isn't really in the neighborhood so trying it out isn't an option. And Mexican Teles here are quite more expensive than "a little more"
Don't even think of buying that before trying it man. It's bound to have lots wrong with it, that's just how it goes.

I really can't tell from the pictures but if it's a fake its faking a $500 guitar which means it's probably of the quality of a $200 guitar. You've got the wait until he gets back to you so make sure you ask him for pi turns of the headstock, the frets, the serial number etc.

Mexican Strats pop up on Craigslist for $250 all the time, there's always folk linking them and having NGDs.

Where are you based? I'm assuming the US?
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Last edited by Mephaphil at Jun 28, 2013,
Nope, far from US, Bosnia and Hercegovina. Cheapest used Mexican Tele anywhere in Europe is around 600$ if I lived in the US I would be buying guitars on a daily basis
Ahhh its because you used dollars in one of your posts.

I live in the UK. You can get them used here for £300. By the time you got it to Bosnia you'd be looking at $600, yea.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

i don't know exactly why but i'm not entirely sure that this is a legit fender. something around the neck joint area doesn't look quite right but i can't figure out exactly what it is.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Yea the neck joint shouldn't stick out like that, it should tuck in. I've looked at my one.

I'm pretty sure it's fake based on an educated guess but without more pictures I can say for sure.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445