Poll: Would you care to participate?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you care to participate?
Yes.
4 21%
No.
12 63%
Kristen's belly is cute.
3 16%
Voters: 19.
This is an idea inspired by a discussion on antinatalism and hedonism. I was curious to see how much pleasure and pain I encounter in my life, so I decided to keep a journal that I would use to log my net totals each day over the month of July.

I would like to invite the rest of you to join me in this endeavor. All you have to do is carry a small pad around (or use your phone or whatever as a log) and use it to record events in terms of pain or pleasure as they happen.

Since this is my first time doing something like this, I will try to keep it simple by simply writing numbers with no descriptions of the events that caused them. I also won't specify whether the pleasure pain is physical or psychological. Events will be marked as either 1, 2, or 3 for pleasure or -1, -2, or -3 for pain. Events that cause both pain and pleasure will have a positive and negative score assigned to them.

At the end of the month I will total the scores to find the net results as well as the total amount of pleasure and the total amounts of pain both for the month and for each day.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.

I have nothing but positive marks.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by korinaflyingv
What exactly do you mean by pleasure?

If your life is meaningful, anything that gives you pleasure.

If your life is meaningless (like devourke's), fapping.

You would have to set your own qualifications for 1s, 2s, and 3s though, since you probably wouldn't to count every single little thing, and you would probably count events as a whole. Like if you drank a glass of wine, each you would rate the whole glass rather than each sip. This is really just to prevent having +/-100,000 everyday.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jun 28, 2013,
Quote by theogonia777

You would have to set your own qualifications for 1s, 2s, and 3s though, since you probably wouldn't to count every single little thing, and you would probably count events as a whole. Like if you drank a glass of wine, each you would rate the whole glass rather than each sip. This is really just to prevent having +/-100,000 everyday.

no but fapping gives me pleasure then pain later as i feel guilty for doing nothing but making a filthy smell in my underwear. how do you quantify that?
This seems inconvenient and intrusive in every day life as well as dumb and meaningless.

And your belly is gross and full of cellulite
Quote by korinaflyingv
no but fapping gives me pleasure then pain later as i feel guilty for doing nothing but making a filthy smell in my underwear. how do you quantify that?

I guess that counts as giving it a positive and negative value.

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
This seems inconvenient and intrusive in every day life as well as dumb and meaningless.

And your belly is gross and full of cellulite

You would probably score at least your phone number in negatives anyway.
Quote by korinaflyingv
so pleasure isn't real?

Nothing is real.
Quote by theogonia777
You would probably score at least your phone number in negatives anyway.

Naw, I don't stumble across pics of your belly online that often.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Naw, I don't stumble across pics of your belly online that often.

Maybe I should post it more...
Quote by theogonia777

Will you count things that cause mental pain but physical pleasure?

who's kristen?
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jun 28, 2013,
I'll do this. I feel like I experience more pleasure than pain but it'll be interesting to see the balance between the two.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Quote by Zoot Allures
who's kristen?

His other personality, I think.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by dyingturtle
Ew a tranny

lol this guy
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by korinaflyingv
he's being mean you shouldn't encourage him

tranys r gross tho amirite
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
i really want to do this. i think it should be integrated into the plan that people shouldn't be able to look at previous entries until the 1st of august. this gets rid of the idea that people will try and balance out all the negatives with positives or visa versa to end up with the score they were looking for. i'm going on holiday from the 1st to the 8th so that should be packed full of scores.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Zoot Allures
Will you count things that cause mental pain but physical pleasure?

who's kristen?

That would give you a positive for the pleasure and a negative for the pain. So if you ditch work to get a massage, you might have +2 for the pleasure but -1 for the guilt of ditching work.

And I'm Kristen. You've been gone for forever so you don't know.

Quote by dyingturtle
Ew a tranny

>saw my name was Kristen
>went to my profile
>saw my profile picture
>fapped to my picture
>realized i have penis
>feels bad about it

Does that sound about right?

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Trve hedonism doesn't involve keeping records.

Get with it.

But if the journal shows that you had more pain than pleasure, you would know to make a change. A trve hedonist would do anything to net more pleasure.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i think it should be integrated into the plan that people shouldn't be able to look at previous entries until the 1st of august.

This is what I'm doing. It's also more fun that way.
Quote by theogonia777
That would give you a positive for the pleasure and a negative for the pain. So if you ditch work to get a massage, you might have +2 for the pleasure but -1 for the guilt of ditching work.

And I'm Kristen. You've been gone for forever so you don't know.

Eye sea. I might do this, i need to find more ways to increase pleasure.
Quote by dyingturtle
Ew a tranny

Truly your wit knows no bounds. I bow before your intelligence.
i feel like i'll give myself so much negative. i enjoy being a pessimist. hey i wonder if i can give myself a +1 every time i give myself a negative...
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
My life is a cycle of activities I despise occasionally punctuated by things I actually enjoy, so this would be nothing but depressing for me.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.