Poll: do you support the FSA?
Poll Options
View poll results: do you support the FSA?
yes
2 15%
no
4 31%
yourmumisatowel.com
7 54%
Voters: 13.
Page 1 of 2
http://sana.sy/eng/22/2013/06/03/485493.htm

i couldn't find a link to the original study, but basically a NATO sponsored study showed that 70% of the surveyed syrian population supports assad over the FSA (rebels)

its painfully obvious that the western media has their own agenda.

what are your thoughts?
sigless
My thoughts? Truthfully, I don't care. Being very honest here.
My God, it's full of stars!
why aren't there any square shaped countries? or circle shaped ones? why are they all squiggly weird shapes
Quote by devourke
why aren't there any square shaped countries? or circle shaped ones? why are they all squiggly weird shapes

equatorial guinea is pretty close

Quote by MinterMan22
equatorial guinea is pretty close

Gambia is almost a straight line
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Yes. It's also so strange how the incumbent in third world democracies always seems to get such an improbably high percentage of the votes
Lmao I hope TS was being funny
The Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) is the national official news agency in Syria. It was established in 1965. It is linked to the Ministry of Information and has its headquarters in Damascus.
the only reason i posted it was because it was a NATO study
sigless
Does it really matter?

I mean, I don't want to sound like a pessimist here but seriously, that country is SO messed up (pretty much that entire Middle East at this point too) that would changing something really make a difference? Especially with accounts saying that the rebels could be just as bad, if not worse, than the regime they are fighting against?

The whole situation there just seems to be getting worse and worse one each side. I don't think there really is a good answer to give, or a solution for that matter.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by willT08
Convenient you couldn't find a link to the original study

I've been looking around a bit but all I can really find are news articles (published by sources around that area) the cite it but don't give any sources. The closest thing I could find was an article on the World Tribune, but that didn't cite any type of sources either. Kinda weird considering those types of studies are pretty easy to find. I'll do some more digging.

Edit: tons of articles listing Wikipedia as a source LMFAO
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Jun 29, 2013,
I don't really care, they've been killing each other for 2000 years for no real reason, the British couldn't stop them, the Soviets couldn't stop them, and we can't stop them from killing each other. It's like they enjoy killing each other, its insane.

I say let them wipe themselves off the face of the Earth, it'll be a much more peaceful place.
Assad is a dick.

The rebels are a clusterfuck. I can't believe people are still referring to them as one entity.

Is anyone surprised that Assad remains pretty damn popular?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Assad is a dick.

The rebels are a clusterfuck. I can't believe people are still referring to them as one entity.

Is anyone surprised that Assad remains pretty damn popular?

He's worse than a dick.
Quote by macashmack
He's worse than a dick.

I was being brief.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Jun 29, 2013,
BRO DON'T BE A DUM-DUM CLEARLY SANA IS A PUPPHET OF TEH GOVT

Wait, that was a serious post.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
you're saying when most people are asked whether they are with a dictator or a rebellion in a country where they have no voice, they say they're with the dictator? shocking
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
If it's between a dictator and a group of rebels, I'll just go ahead and say that I'll side with the rebels.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
If it's between a dictator and a group of rebels, I'll just go ahead and say that I'll side with the rebels.

There have been quite a few reports coming out lately that a lot of those guys are from various extremist groups and not actually Syrian nationals. Lots of Al-Qaeda types from the looks of things.

Like I said before, I don't think there is really a "good' or "bad" side here. Both sides have some pretty bad people doing some pretty bad things.

At least that's what I've been reading the last few months. Who knows if it's true or not. That whole situation is ****ed beyond belief.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
You're surprised that the western media is biased against a government that is little more than a authoritarian puppet of Iran?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by stonyman65
There have been quite a few reports coming out lately that a lot of those guys are from various extremist groups and not actually Syrian nationals. Lots of Al-Qaeda types from the looks of things.

Like I said before, I don't think there is really a "good' or "bad" side here. Both sides have some pretty bad people doing some pretty bad things.

At least that's what I've been reading the last few months. Who knows if it's true or not. That whole situation is ****ed beyond belief.

My statement was more general. If there's a situation with rebel vs. dictator, go ahead and put me down on the rebel side. I like an underdog.

Realistically though, I couldn't give two shits about Syria. Whoever said they've been doing this for 2000 years is right. It's not like any of it really matters for them.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
My statement was more general. If there's a situation with rebel vs. dictator, go ahead and put me down on the rebel side. I like an underdog.

Realistically though, I couldn't give two shits about Syria. Whoever said they've been doing this for 2000 years is right. It's not like any of it really matters for them.

Ah yeah. Okay. I get that.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Remember, children: not everybody can be right. But everybody can certainly be wrong (and they usually are).
Quote by korinaflyingv
In my experience, most people are usually right.

Then never move, and start buying local real estate, because it's gonna be worth a shitload pretty soon.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Well that sucks, here in St Albans the streets have no corners.

...How is that possible?

Do you live on a runway or something?!
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by progdude93
so... where are the hookers?

They kinda just shuffle about

Quote by stonyman65
...How is that possible?

Do you live on a runway or something?!

No I live in St Albans, I thought I'd made that clear. Have you never heard of the concept of roundness? It's how circles get away without having corners.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Jun 29, 2013,
Quote by korinaflyingv

No I live in St Albans, I thought I'd made that clear. Have you never heard of the concept of roundness? It's how circles get away without having corners.

I've heard tell of these circles....
Page 1 of 2