Page 1 of 2
My parents know I'm a musician and they remember my rage against the machine phase, my punk phase, they know my band's music is heavy, they drove in the car with me listening to my cds, they know I always go for the classic rock station, they know we had a beatles cover band at our wedding.

all this stuff they know it.

But today I get an email from my mom telling me she heard of this new band and she's convinced I'll like it.

It's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAM4S5OvgQA
if we can separate 'know how you spend your time outside their field of vision' and 'know who you are', then i guess they do know me quite well. as in, how i talk, what my childhood was like, my open routine at home, etc.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I guess I should have named this thread "post examples of how your parents have shown that they don't know you quite as well as you thought they did"
Quote by flexiblemile
so the only thing you know about your mother is how her vagina feels?

Not really, I can't remember you see. Pretty much every thought I've ever had was just trying to remember my mother's cunt.

Quote by flexiblemile
I guess I should have named this thread "post examples of how your parents have shown that they don't know you quite as well as you thought they did"

yeah maybe you should think before typing
My father passed away a few years ago, but my mother doesn't know me at all. We certainly like each other, but we are too similarly sarcastic to get along for too long, so that prevents any time together long enough to really bond.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by flexiblemile

But today I get an email from my mom telling me she heard of this new band and she's convinced I'll like it

She probably assumed you were heterosexual. Have you come out to the yet?
Quote by jugglingfreak
She probably assumed you were heterosexual. Have you come out to the yet?

I assume you meant come out to the yeti? No I didn't tell him yet, not sure how he'll react...
My mom knows me pretty well. My dad knows me kind of but we act the same with a lot of stuff so that makes up for some of it. My parents know me pretty well.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Not as well as they should.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by flexiblemile

No, this thread should be retitled 'oh shit, I got trolled by my own mother and didn't realise it.'
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No, this thread should be retitled 'oh shit, I got trolled by my own mother and didn't realise it.'

haha, no my mom is incapable of trolling, it's just not in her nature. If she did something like that she'd feel bad for the rest of the week and bake me a cake to apologize
My parents don't, but they think they do. They know that I'm "smart" and "creative" but don't really understand what that means. I'm an engineer and a musician. Those two qualities aren't an accomplishment for me, they're the bare minimum. Basically they're extremely supportive, but in an incredibly patronizing way that irritates me to no end. It's gotten to the point where I hate compliments from anyone, because most people are just saying it to be nice and don't really have any comprehension of what they're complimenting, so it just rings hollow. (Although that might also have something to do with the number of girls who tell me what a great guy I am before never talking to me again.)

Oddly, I get along great with my mom if we're drinking, so I think she actually does get me on a subconscious level.
My parents didn't understand me for a long time... they used to hate me putting my music loud in the living room or playing guitar really loud with my older brother playing drums. After moving out, and still doing the same thing everytime I go home, they finally understand me now lol. I catch my dad secretly liking the music I listen to and some of the stuff we jam out.
not very well at all, i'm very private and they would not approve of my interests and beliefs so i am who they want me to be around them

They dont know me at all. They asked me if I liked Nicky Monaji (sorry if I spelt that wrong0)... when Im listening to Avenged Sevenfold. Yes mum I of course love her.. are you daft?
Nah. My mom knows a side of me but not the side that I feel is really me. My dad doesn't know me at all.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
She knows just enough. But not too much.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Not very much at all, but it's all good.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
They don't know me very well but that's my own damn fault because social anxiety. I'm such a shitty child, I feel genuinely bad for them.
Quote by korinaflyingv
LOL, loser

shut up, you fat jerkface!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 2