I'm pretty sure I'm going deaf as I go to a lot of live shows and play pretty loud as well, just this morning my housemate asked if I had seen her sandals, and I was like "your Candles!?." I even wear earplugs sometimes, but I guess the damage could be done. So how many of the rest of you have the DEAf as well?
with music production/mixing my hearing has gotten better in one aspect, like I'm better at mixing, and idr but I can hear frequencies higher and lower than most, but not like a kid or anything. I wore ear plugs when my band practiced, but I never went to enough concerts to worry about it. It's probably not as good as it was 10 years ago no.
Surprisingly, my hearing is fine for right now. I'm sure that will change as I get older though. It's a miracle I don't have hearing problems considering what I've put my ears through.
I'm going super deaf I blame a lifetime of;

Heavy Metal

Shotguns

Blacksmithing
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
I have hearing problems which I can get easily fixed, but it decreases the chance of me getting permanent hearing problems...so I just leave it.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Quote by KidZero
I even wear earplugs sometimes

Well wearing them "sometimes" is your problem.

I've got mild tinnitus. I'm not sure if it's from loud music/sounds but I'm not taking any chances anymore. Any loud concert I attend I bring ear plugs.

Not to mention going to the movies. They can get pretty damn loud.
i have tinnitus in both ears. I don't mind about them because they don't bother me at all and they aren't really that worse. I just don't know if i should be worried when i grow old with it.
Last edited by rolandroi at Jun 29, 2013,
I don't have any hearing problems and I plan to keep it that way. Any show I go to, I bring ear-plugs.

Plus decent ear-plugs can actually clarify the audio in the show, especially between small and large venues where bands don't adjust their equipment for the night.
"I remember when my parents told my brother he was adopted. I was a little confused myself, but it did explain why he's black."
Quote by E7#9
Well wearing them "sometimes" is your problem.

I've got mild tinnitus. I'm not sure if it's from loud music/sounds but I'm not taking any chances anymore. Any loud concert I attend I bring ear plugs.

Not to mention going to the movies. They can get pretty damn loud.

Haha yeah, I usually put them in if I go to a big show, but not when I jam with people, probably one of my major issues.
what'd you say, sonny? You think you're going to Jeff's? Just be back in time for supper so maw don't git the worries.
Quote by tukk04
what'd you say, sonny? You think you're going to Jeff's? Just be back in time for supper so maw don't git the worries.

My hearing seems to suck. I have trouble understanding words a lot but I dunno if that's my brain or my ears.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil