okay so i was planning on buying a bolt from carvin (which is carvins take on a strat).. not the cheap kits the actual bolts where you choose exactly what you want... i was originally going with an hss with an option to split the coil on the humbucker so that i can play all the stuff i want and the total would be $1200.. but now i find out about these beauties which are cheaper and to me look cooler than the carvin bolt.

Fender Pawnshop 51 (in the blonde finish.. i dont like the look of it in black)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Pawn-Shop--51-Electric-Guitar-106833650-i1858044.gc

Fender Pawnshop 72
http://www.guitarcenter.com/-i1858041.gc

i just love the look of the '72 in surf green with the f hole but it only has humbuckers.. no single coils, you cant even split the coils on the humbuckers it also doesn't come in a maple fretboard the only one that has singlecoils is the 51 which is in the neck and has an option to split coils in the humbucker in the bridge and it comes with a maple fretboard but its not in surf green and no F holes help i really dont know what to get... should i stay with the bolt cause i can set it up how i want it even though i like the look of the 51 and 72 better or should i get one of the two (51 or 72)

i play bands that use both humbuckers and singlecoils but im not so sure which guitar to get... its like its all limited.. i have to give up something to get something
and about the f holes... what do they do... i just like the look of it... but i also dont want to just put a f hole sticker on a guitar i want an actual f hole.
Last edited by GuitarNewbee at Jun 29, 2013,
Watch out on those pawnshops I dont think there is a pickup selector, I know it sounds weird but I cant see one in the picture and I played one and for the life of me couldn't find one maybe I was just being stupid. I'm not really sure how they work then. For the money and quality I'd go with a Carvin.
Quote by cip 123
Watch out on those pawnshops I dont think there is a pickup selector, I know it sounds weird but I cant see one in the picture and I played one and for the life of me couldn't find one maybe I was just being stupid. I'm not really sure how they work then. For the money and quality I'd go with a Carvin.

it does actually... its the knob though... so basically the knob right after the volume knob that the guitar has is actually the selector... its a 3 way and you move it in the direction/position that the pickups you want to use are in... its actually the tone knob that it doesnt have but its not like i care about the tone knob cause i never really use it... they just decided since they're not going to use a tone knob... might aswell make the selector look like a tone knob cause one knob and one switch just looks bad.
Quote by GuitarNewbee
it does actually... its the knob though... so basically the knob right after the volume knob that the guitar has is actually the selector... its a 3 way and you move it in the direction/position that the pickups you want to use are in... its actually the tone knob that it doesnt have but its not like i care about the tone knob cause i never really use it... they just decided since they're not going to use a tone knob... might aswell make the selector look like a tone knob cause one knob and one switch just looks bad.

Ahh I just couldn't figure it out then haha. I do think a Carvin would be better they have a really good reputation and all made in America if I'm correct.