I was looking through the instruments section and there is no section of pianists.
I play keyboard with my friends. One of them sings, one play bass, one plays guitar, and one does drums.

I was kinda hoping for help on getting pianists in a rock band to be more noticed. I mean, the guitars get solo's, as do drums, and vocals... but I don't

Any help?
Keyboard or actual piano?

There is a keyboard thread either way. Also keyboards totally get solos.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by medusaslayer64
I play keyboard with my friends.

You're meant to play it with your fingers, you weirdo. No wonder you're not getting any solos
I'm known to dabble with black & white keys but let's face it. It's a fairly boring instrument to talk about and this site is called Ultimate Guitar. Then again, we have a Drums sub-forum...
Quote by Emperor's Child
It's a fairly boring instrument to talk about

That is the falsest statement I have read today.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Emperor's Child
I'm known to dabble with black & white keys but let's face it. It's a fairly boring instrument to talk about

...that's a joke right?
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Prepare your anus.

Quote by innertom
your big boy now

And that is how it happens.
Drums get solos in rock music? I hate drum solos. Drrtdrtdrtrtdrtdrtdrtdrtdrtdrtdrttiktiktiktomtomtomtomtdrtdrtrdtpstpstpstdrtrtrdtdrt CRASH.

You can play counterpoint stuff at fff instead of just highlighting the chords at ppp to get yourself more noticed.
I can play Fur Elise, Moanin', a few melodies from some songs, and this keyboard solo.

The repeating figure of that last-ish part of that solo is ****ing tricky as hell in the original key.
Last edited by NothingRocks at Jun 29, 2013,
Quote by NothingRocks
I can play Fur Elise, Moanin', a few melodies from some songs, and this keyboard solo.

The repeating figure of that last-ish part of that solo is ****ing tricky as hell in the original key.

I will have to request that you don't mention Fur Elise in passing like it's a super easy song.

It's one of the hardest I can play.
Yes, I am.

...sorta.

I'm what I personally call a "scumbag" pianist/keyboardist, in that if I want to learn something I slow it down and learn it note-for-note, similar to the typical 14yo tab-reading guitarist who's totally clueless as to what he's doing.

Or if I compose something in my head, I have to program it into a midi sheet and synth VST, listen to it over and over again until I can play it in time, rather than just being able to spit it out.

Absolutely nothing like a guitar where it's pretty much like breathing for me, and where I play pretty much by reflex. At least my scumbag piano skills aren't noticeable from afar (live, recording, etc.).