Hey guys, RoKHED here...
I am stuck with whether I should put covers on my LP Special II Humbuckers, or buy a pair that already has covers. Which would be cheaper and/or easier to install? Honestly, I don't know how to upgrade my cheapo guitar...
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
Both...
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
Well putting covers on the pickups you already have won't really change the sound in any appreciable way.
A cover will change the sound but not drastically. If you want something different, you're gonna have to buy some new pickups, although they'll probably cost as much as your guitar.

Look into GFS and Irongear pickups if you want good value for money.
www.guitarfetish.com and get the Fat Pats ($30ish each). They actually sound really good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
How do I change the pickups though? I have no idea...
with a screwdriver and a soldering iron
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
oh, really? do I need to remove the mounting rings to change the pickups? just wondering...
as a wise man once said. "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask before you f*ck up."
There's thousands of videos on Youtube covering pickup replacements and different mods you can do for different pickups etc etc.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
alright, thanks guys... you've all been of great help... rock on!