I've been trying to develop my ear recently and quickly realised that I don't have perfect pitch (the ability to identify notes without hearing a reference tone).

So I created the following tool to train my ear and get better... so far my accuracy level is around 30% though the notes I am getting correct are largely due to being able to recognise the intervals.

Do you guys think this tool is useful? What score do you get?

http://www.sharemyriffs.com/perfect-pitch-trainer
It's an interesting tool for sure. But I think it shouldn't be limited to no sharps or flats, or just one instrument. Obviously more instruments means it's a lot harder to make the tool/game function, but you can always mention what instrument it is.

The other problem is that I can hear my current note and relate it to the last one still in my head which then becomes interval recognition, as is my natural instinct to do this.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Accuracy: 61.54%

I did "cheat" actually, because I have "perfect pitch" for E by years tunning my guitar, and knowing E i would move around the mayor scale in my head and match it with the one in it. (I failed a bit , just one try)

It could be useful, but put the # on it too... I'm not sure if you have 100% percent it means that you are perfect pitched, maybe if you do it in less than 1 second each note...
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Quote by tiky
Accuracy: 61.54%

I did "cheat" actually, because I have "perfect pitch" for E by years tunning my guitar, and knowing E i would move around the mayor scale in my head and match it with the one in it.

In your case it's called tonal memory, not perfect pitch.