Hi, what are your opinions on this guitar ?

BODY SHAPE: NEX Cutaway
TOP: Solid Cedar
BACK: Maple
SIDES: Maple
FINGERBOARD: Rosewood
TUNERS: Chrome
ROSETTE: Concentric Rings
INLAYS: Snowflake
FINISHES:
ELECTRONICS: TP-4T

Thanks.
They are ok plugged in, good electronics, but very lacking in punch, which you will get with the smaller sound box. I have played a couple of them and I am a Taki fan. Cheers
Quote by tuxs
They are ok plugged in, good electronics, but very lacking in punch, which you will get with the smaller sound box. I have played a couple of them and I am a Taki fan. Cheers

Thanks. With the guitar's body, do i need a humidifier ?

At the moment i live in the Philippines but gonna go to Milan.
Can't go wrong with a Takamine, I've had mine for years and still sounds and plays great.
Every Takamine I've tried out has felt nice and sounded great, I can't say how they sound plugged in though as I've yet to have the pleasure to plug one in.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
I recently found out that this model is similar to Takamine EG440SC instead it is black and it's top is Solid Cedar instead of a Solid Spruce. Does that make a difference ?
Yes it does. I have one of each and the Cedar top is a lot brighter especially if using light strings.
I use Elixer 11s. I find harmonics are easier with Cedar. But be careful of hard strumming Cedar is a soft wood and the top can get damaged very easily, even with fingernails. You can get clear plastic stick on from the music shops which is easy to get off, just a thought. Cheers
Quote by tuxs
Yes it does. I have one of each and the Cedar top is a lot brighter especially if using light strings.
I use Elixer 11s. I find harmonics are easier with Cedar. But be careful of hard strumming Cedar is a soft wood and the top can get damaged very easily, even with fingernails. You can get clear plastic stick on from the music shops which is easy to get off, just a thought. Cheers

Thanks for that. I'm worried that if i buy this guitar it will break soon. Should i instead buy a Spruce top ? Was thinking the EG340C, read good reviews on it. I have yet to try these when i go to the shop.
cedar gets dented easily, small cosmetic issues. if you use enough force on the top of your guitar to break the guitar, chances are good that a spruce top will also be damaged or broken.

btw, i don't find cedar brighter than spruce. i find it a tad warmer but with a sparkle in the top end. i really like the sound of cedar, actually, although i like sitka spruce (the most common gutar topwood), too.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!