So I went to Best Buy today to pick up a 2.1 set for my desk/computer setup in my room. I ended up going with the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s and after properly EQ'ing them, they sound phenomenal. While they're certainly not a set of Rokit monitors, they're definitely the best sounding 2.1 multimedia speakers in their price range.

With that in mind, my dad expressed his interest in getting a speaker system for his living room TV setup. He doesn't want to spend a lot (like mid-100 dollar range) and is just looking for something to make a better sound than the built in speakers in the tv which is a pretty normal LG television. He also wants something that he can occasionally plug his iPhone into to play music so an aux input would be ideal. I mentioned the Logitech Z623s as I know they're a bit more bassy (something that would benefit a tv experience more than buying the same Klipsch set I got for music and the occasional mixing I do with guitar tracks) so they'd be better suited, but does anyone have any good recommendations for TV audio at the 150ish dollar price range? All the soundbars that sound even somewhat decent and have enough power are around 300 bucks and my dad doesn't want to go 5.1 because he honestly doesn't want to go all out.

TL;DR - Any recommendations on a good system or speaker setup at around $150 to improve the sound of a TV besides those Logitech Z623s?
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
You'd probably be better with google for this, you'll get some... Interesting answers from the Pit.
Silverburst
I use the Logitech Z623 with my tv and they're pretty good m8. The bass is good and the sound is clear. It's much better than the crap speakers you have to listen the tv through that's for sure.

The only thing that sucks is that it doesn't come with a remote, so everytime you turn on the tv, you gotta get up and press the button on the speaker. This goes to turn it off too.
pinga
That's good to know about the soundbar. The only thing I'm wondering is whether a soundbar with two 3" subs and 120 watts is going to outperform a Z623 with its own subwoofer at 200 watts? I assume you'll probably get better highs and mids from the Yamaha system but wouldn't you lose a lot without a standalone sub?
Quote by Insanity ninja
You'd probably be better with google for this, you'll get some... Interesting answers from the Pit.

I thought it was worth a shot Not really sure which other forum on UG would facilitate it so I figured why not try the pit.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Last edited by Krauser at Jul 1, 2013,
Things just got hot in here.

This post was actually meant to come straight after the Bloody 69, but it still works I guess.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Nov 18, 2014,