Hello!

Does anyone know the name of the guitar strap roger waters is using?

I just hope it isn't custom.

This is like asking us to tell what guitar string he's using just by looking at the string. It's more or less impossible to tell.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Actually, David Gilmour's guitar strap used to be Jimi Hendrix's if I remember correctly.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Actually, David Gilmour's guitar strap used to be Jimi Hendrix's if I remember correctly.

that's true, but i've seen him with this unknown strap in live 8 performance. That is one of the reasons i can't find its name - the jimi hendrix one keeps popping up.
I was not aware of that.

But I would still argue that it would be very hard to find out what exact strap it is unless it was a famous and obvious one, like the multi coloured Fender ones. And even then the brand might not be revealed as it's something of a trivial matter.

It's obviously old. Why is Gilmour relevant to it? Was it given to Waters by him? I'm confused.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Given how long he’s owned that thing it’s quite likely that you can’t buy a new one.
Quote by JustRooster
It's a leather strap. I mean, that's it.

Bingo.

1. Get better pictures of said strap.

2. Go to a leathersmith and say " How many moneys to make a strap like that?" The leathersmith will respond " I can't make a strap like that" or " It costs X moneys".

3. Repeat until you get the result desired.
well, of the pictures of i've seen of PF in their glory days, this particular strap I did not come across. Also i'm quite sure that this strap is on both Gilmour and Waters instruments.

Anyway, I guess i better should find a cool levy's strap - this one seems impossiblru to find.
Quote by ExDementia
But what kind of leather is it? Regular old cow leather has a decent tone I guess, but I find that Corinthian leather has a great warm, well rounded tone with smooth highs and a tight low end response.

Have you tried Nepalese mountain goat? Soaring highs and a rock solid bottom end.
Quote by ExDementia
But what kind of leather is it? Regular old cow leather has a decent tone I guess, but I find that Corinthian leather has a great warm, well rounded tone with smooth highs and a tight low end response.

OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Can't believe I'm the first one to suggest he needs a new amp ideally.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.