With all of the emphasis on the patriarchy, racism, privilege, and weird furry fetishes I think we could all use a nice change of pace. Come here to chill. Share how you stay comfy, what you crave to bring more comfort into your life, and just generally discuss all things quaint and pleasant.

Personally, I'm really starting to come into my own. I think I've always been a bit of a lazy dude and I love a good nap, but only as I transition into adulthood have I had the means and freedom to truly embrace pure hedonistic comfort and joy. I purchased a comically oversized bean bag chair, but it is no laughing matter. Sometimes I fall asleep in it instead of my bed just because of how comfortable I get. However that comfort came at a ridiculous price.

My newest idea is a hammock. I'm currently researching, trying to find the best methods for hammocks, comfiest hammocks on the market, and the appropriate price brackets. Remember, don't cheap out. Spend a bit more on yourself, because if you put the work in beforehand it will pay dividends considering how much more comfy you will be.

I will edit this OP if this thread works with all of the best ideas, top 10 pictures, general information so that everyone in the pit will have a helpful resource to assist them in chilling out and laying back. Try to keep it within the realm of reason (so that we may actually personally enjoy these things), but theoretical set-ups or unobtainable ones are chill too.

I don't have anything to attach a hammock to.

If I need to relax I usually just lie in bed and listen to music or read.

amidoinitrite?
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Last edited by luvs2gro at Jun 30, 2013,
But what if checking privileges is what provides someone like due with comfort?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
moss is nice, it's a beautiful green and soothing in a tactile way, and it makes you think peaceful thoughts
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
I live in an apartment, so no hammocks. I sleep on a twin bed and I'm like 6'0'' tall so that's not much better. However I might be receiving a nice queen sized bed next week so I'm pretty happy about that :3
pinga
I'm in my new town with two great jobs and nearly finished with my Biology degree.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
This is a really good thread

I heard that hammocks help you sleep faster if you have trouble falling asleep. Not that I need any help with that but I'd like to get one when I have my own house.

I'm not a very happy person but I like feeling busy all day. Job 1 from 8-1, Job 2 from 3-7, driving lessons from 7:30-9, and studying on my own for a diploma and for some of next semester's classes. It sounds like the opposite of being lazy but it actually is a form of being lazy because I don't have to think about what comes next. Of course it comes at the price of less time to read/watch TV/sleep but by the time I get home I'm too tired to think about that.

I haven't been able to do any of that for a while since I broke my neck last week so the last couple days my brain has been taking advantage of my crippled state and never ceases to berate my body. it probably seems dumb to complain about that instead of something more normal, like having a broken neck, but I can't help what I think anyway, the reason I mentioned that is because we have a new recliner and I have taken this opportunity to become more acquainted with it. Even a slight angle change or a blanket placed over the back of it makes a huge difference. got a table with my water bottle, some books, phone+charger, TV remote, and my tabbies less than an arm's length away. So yeah, I definitely can't say I'm happy atm but I'm definitely satisfied with what I have since I'm taking this opportunity to rediscover true slothhood and incorporate it into my life a bit more.

I was pretty good at it before though. Regardless of bed type, I still get my solid 13 hrs. Single with a plasticky mattress at uni or sinfully soft king size with 12 pillows and numerous stuffed animals at home, it doesn't make a difference in sleep quality. That's because the blanket makes a huge difference. The best I have is my comforter from when I was little. It has teddy bears and kittens all over it and is painfully childish but IT'S SO DAMN SOFT IT'S LIKE BEING HUGGED BY A
CLOUD OF CATS. 2nd best is my maple leaf comforter which is also really soft and is pretty and colorful but is a bit thinner. 3rd is this red felt blanket from Ikea that my secret santa gave me last year. Bad blanket = bad sleep
cat
The couch my roommate bought is so comfortable that when he's out of town I sleep on it instead of my bed. I have pajama pants made out of a blanket.

My sleep routine is kind of like a crazy person's. Basically I have build a nest of pillows and blankets. Then I slowly burrow my way in, sleeping in a ball, but straightening out as the night goes on, so nobody would know how weird my sleep ritual is. I also have three box fans on each side of my bed, so it's like sleeping in a wind tunnel. Glutton for comfort.

Now if you wanna talk comfort food....
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If there was a way to sleep in a hot shower I would. I can tell that I'd be an eccentric billionaire because I'd definitely own a shower bed.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I would get a hammock, but most of the time I just lay in bed and put Sabbath on or something like that.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by OneHappyCamper
I've fallen asleep in a bathtub before, it is crazy comfortable (especially when hungover) but you get so pruned and also there's an unpleasant feeling for a few hours afterwards. I guess so much water gets into your skin that it feels slimy.

I think a warm, slightly damp cave is what would be perfect.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I do the burrowing thing too but I stay curled up that way the whole time. I only straighten out if I'm extremely sleep and just flop onto my bed and sleep
cat
there's certain music i like to have on. music that's not too much such and such but enough such and such that it's such and such, like Sunny Day Real Estate, which currently my comfort band.

i have to take my medication in preparation for comfort otherwise i won't be able to relax.

i leave my phone in another room and chill in my bed on my ipad. browse the pit, watch stupid videos, play sudoku, etc. somewhere within this activity i will fall asleep and wake up feeling like shit

the world is cruel and ironic.
im the worst sleeper there is

i often stay awake until im so exausted theres no way i could possibly stay awake any longer so ill often fall asleep anywhere

i havent slept in my bed in nearly 3 weeks
I have a sectional that literally drains your energy and pulls you into it. Most people who sit on it won't get anything done that day and fall asleep within the hour.
I'm in bed lurking from my phone, its 18:30 and this is all ive done since I woke up

Im stuck, I couldnt bear to leave the comfort of my bed
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
hammocks are amazing
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I have a list of films and tv shows that I always watch when I need to relax/calm down/whatever. Bed/comfortable chair, lights off, one of those films and I couldn't be happier.
This might just be me, but sleeping on a cold night is pretty much the best thing. Just pile up a shit ton of blankets on top of yourself and you'll be nice and toasty.
Quote by Jon777
This might just be me, but sleeping on a cold night is pretty much the best thing. Just pile up a shit ton of blankets on top of yourself and you'll be nice and toasty.

For sure. I own about 5 different blankets. Thick ones, warm ones, and two thin ones that retain a level of lightness and controlled circulation for warm summer airy naps.

Remember dudes, napping is very good for you. Makes you more mentally alert, makes you happier, makes you live longer. Chill out a bit and find time in your day for a little nap.

My Croatian friend understands quaint comfort.

Hot showers are great.

Unfortunately I cannot post longer, I am going to retreat to my comfortable spot and stay there for hours and hours watching the NHL draft. Keep up the good work, remember pictures are always good. Don't just settle for what you have, dream and aspire to reach new plateaus of cozy.
Laying on my bed after a busy day at work, listening to some chill music and eating an ice cream sandwich. Shits hella tight
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by angusfan16
I want that hammock tent thing in the OP.

This so much.

What makes me comfortable is a nice cold night and it's raining and you just wanna get in your bed and snuggle in the blankets.
STಠ_ಠ