So my Bad Horsie 2 died earlier this week and the Dunlop 535 coincidentally popped up at my local shop for cheap($50). Little beat up and dusty, but it worked well so I jumped on it. The only thing that I could find on it was that it is the predessesor to the 535Q wah, differences being the "Q" control and 16db boost of the 535q, and the 535 has 11db boost and LED lights for the boost and wah (which is a common mod to the 535q from my limited research).

Now to the point of the thread; does anyone know of any mods to this wah that can add the "Q" control of the 535q? Is it as simple as a resistor on a potentiometer following the 6 way resistor knob? I'll post pics of the guts if they're needed to compare to the 535q.
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
I'm pretty sure the q pot on the 535q is just a 1k pot in series with the inductor.

Edit: yeah just replace the jumper (looks like a resistor with a single black band) with a 1k pot or trimpot.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Jun 30, 2013,
Okay awesome, doesn't seem difficult at all. Is there any major difference between a trim pot and the potentiometer?
Ibanez
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
Trimpots are small and mount to the circuit board. Basically trimmers are set-and-forget adjustments since you can't access them from outside the case. The normal pot mounts to the panel like the controls on an amp.
Okay, I think I'm gonna go with the pot just to tweak easier. Thanks so much for the help.

Edit: one last thing, is there anything in particular I should ground the pot to?
Ibanez
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
Last edited by thebestjoe at Jun 30, 2013,
Well the actual connections aren't grounded but the casing of the pot should be. Just mounting it to the wah shell should be sufficient since basically all pedals have grounded boxes to reduce noise.