So I made a huge mistake in restringing a floating bridge and I took all the strings off at once. It had been a while since I last restrung one and lets just say, I am an idiot. Bringing it to a shop is out of the question, since I need the guitar to work for tomorrow.

I have looked for anything pertaining to my problem, but I have not found anything useful.

Does anyone have any advice or resources they would like to share?
Quote by celticstorm84
endless supply of cats = endless supply of food.

Quote by Calibos
I've also noticed that as i've got older, I want to be further and further away from the front at a gig. Damn kids with their mushy pits and walls of doom.
You didn't say exactly what the problem is.

I could make assumptions but why waste time helping you fix a problem that you don't have?
Last edited by D_M_I at Jun 30, 2013,
I took all the strings off of the floyd rose on my Jackson. I needed to change the tuning and used a different gauge string. So now I'm having an issue with the string tension lifting the bridge way higher than it should.
Quote by celticstorm84
endless supply of cats = endless supply of food.

Quote by Calibos
I've also noticed that as i've got older, I want to be further and further away from the front at a gig. Damn kids with their mushy pits and walls of doom.
adjust the springs in the back.

loosen the strings until it's where you want the bridge. Then adjust the strings and springs a little at a time until you have the right height and tuning you want.

The problem is the new string gauge and the tuning. You would have the same problem whether you took them all off or one at a time. Don't fear removing them all if you are not changing anything in the future. I remove them all every time and it only needs a little tweaking since the tension and tuning is the same.
Last edited by D_M_I at Jun 30, 2013,
This:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9718714&postcount=1

I think this (and maybe something linked in there) helped me set up mine. That was a couple years ago now, but I think you basically loosen the strings first then adjust screws in the back then tune, test and repeat.

And how you tune is very important, read the direction carefully!