In my list of Combo amp options is the TSL and JSX. I was thinking on the JSX because it has a bit more gain on tap (since it's a bit more recent) for the occasional thrash (not my main genre, but I dabble). However, I like that the TSL allows you to access each channel at will along with its reverb.

Does a 4 or 5 button (3 for each channel, one for reverb, one for fx loop) footswitch exist for a JSX (or DSL401 or XXX, my other options)? Can I use the TSL switch with either of these amps?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 1, 2013,
The JSX doesn't have more gain than a TSL. The JSX is just a much better amp than the TSL and more versatile.

I owned a JSX for a few yrs and it is a great amp, honestly hard to beat at its price used.

I now have a JCM2000 DSL100 and is is also a great amp, but it has less versatility than the JSX. But I like the way it sounds a lot.

The XXX is OK, but nothing special, it is also very bright sounding.

Get the JSX or DSL, but try them before you buy to see which is best for you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The JSX doesn't have reverb, which is why it's footswitch doesn't have it.

You have a point about the channels though, JSX channel switching is not the greatest thing ever.

All the footswitch does is put what the amp can do at your feet. You can't change the way the amp works by changing the footswitch.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'm guessing a tsl footswitch won't work with a DSL?

Quote by Robbgnarly
The JSX doesn't have more gain than a TSL. The JSX is just a much better amp than the TSL and more versatile.

Without going too far off topic, do you mind elaborating on which ways the JSX is more versatile?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 1, 2013,
It might work if it's a 7 Pin DIN switch, but it won't actually do anything the JSX footswitch doesn't do. It will just be mislabeled.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
I'm guessing a tsl footswitch won't work with a DSL?

Without going too far off topic, do you mind elaborating on which ways the JSX is more versatile?

The JSX has a great clean channel a great crunch channel and a great lead channel. All of the channels on the JSX have independent EQ's. The gain on the JSX is very usable and very smooth.

The TSL is not a horrible amp, but it is not any where near as nice as the JSX or DSL for that matter, it has 3 channels, but 2 channels share 1 eq and the 3rd channel has its own. The ultra gain channel on the TSL is very buzzy/fizzy (the DSL does not seem to have this problem). The clean channel and the classic gain channel are just fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate