Page 1 of 2
‘Sup, Pit.

Recently, I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to engage in some sort of physical activity that is exciting, requires little though, and that will allow me to unleash the warrior within. I need something fun, energetic and that will help me feel alive again. Perhaps risky, even.

What activities do you all do, and what activities would you suggest?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Whatever you do, don't do stupid frat shit like Tough Mudder.

You live in Scotland, you have one of the most unique landscapes on the planet. Go hiking, go running, go take a stick and try to take down a boar with your bare hands.

Disclaimer: Don't actually try to take down a boar with your bare hands
Quote by CoreysMonster

You live in Scotland, you have one of the most unique landscapes on the planet. Go hiking, go running, go take a stick and try to take down a boar with your bare hands.

Nah, I'm not really into organised events or clubs.

To be honest, that's kinda what I feel like doing: just putting running gear, going out into nature and treating it like a playground.

Thanks.

EDIT: I maybe wouldn't mind boxing or something either, but I tried that when I was 9 and quit because it was clear that I was going to get brain damage. Haha.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Last edited by guitarist41 at Jun 30, 2013,
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Krav Maga. It's good fun.

Looked this up on Wiki. Sounds pretty cool.

Thanks, man.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Learn a martial art

Run up a tree

Juggle knives

Tornado chase

Drop coins into a swirly donation thing and watch it go, wheeeeee

Bark at someone every time they move, but have them do the same thing so you just stand there low-growling at each other for an hour

Babysit for someone you know who has toddlers to give them a break. Last time I did this, I returned from a 2 minute bathroom break and the 4 year-old was running around outside, and the 2 year-old was spinning around with my backpack over his head.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Get a Wii.

They suck.

Apart from the golf game.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by Masquirina

Bark at someone every time they move, but have them do the same thing so you just stand there low-growling at each other for an hour

Babysit for someone you know who has toddlers to give them a break. Last time I did this, I returned from a 2 minute bathroom break and the 4 year-old was running around outside, and the 2 year-old was spinning around with my backpack over his head.

I do both of these already, haha.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I need adrenaline all the time, plus I would never dream of working out so I have to stay fit somehow. Today I rode my motocross 2 hrs and windsurfed Atlantic waves 2 hrs, then played guitar 3 hrs. Probably about the same again tomorrow, watching Dexter season premier now, meh
Quote by Tempoe
I need adrenaline all the time, plus I would never dream of working out so I have to stay fit somehow. Today I rode my motocross 2 hrs and windsurfed Atlantic waves 2 hrs, then played guitar 3 hrs. Probably about the same again tomorrow, watching Dexter season premier now, meh

Yep, I want to get fit too, but I also would never just lift weights or go on the treadmill or something.

EDIT: That's the word I was looking for: I need adrenaline.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by guitarist41
To be honest, that's kinda what I feel like doing: just putting running gear, going out into nature and treating it like a playground.

I always like to tell the story about the time me and a friend chased a white stag (an albino deer) through a large Northern German forest for about six hours, through and over all terrain. THAT is the kind of stuff that feels badass. Not crawling under barbed wire like some wanna-be soldier.

I don't have anywhere near that kind of stamina anymore, but man, that feeling of being like "What, a wild river? That's not an obstacle. Some wild swamp? I used my wits to navigate through it. There's a thick brush of thorny bushes? I emerged scratched and panting." is what makes you feel good. I hate the fact I've lost that, even being only 24.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 30, 2013,
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Parkour

I used to make fun of people who did that, but now I get it.

But I can totally imagine me smashing my face into a wall after the first 10 seconds.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by metal4eva_22
Get a hooker.

This had to be the only answer OP was hoping for, it just fits his wording too perfectly.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I always like to tell the story about the time me and a friend chased a white stage (an albino deer) through a large Northern German forest for about six hours, through and over all terrain. THAT is the kind of stuff that feels badass. Not crawling under barbed wire like some wanna-be soldier.

I don't have anywhere near that kind of stamina anymore, but man, that feeling of being like "What, a wild river? That's not an obstacle. Some wild swamp? I used my wits to navigate through it. There's a thick brush of thorny bushes? I emerged scratched and panting." is what makes you feel good. I hate the fact I've lost that, even being only 24.

That sounds awesome. Especially running through the bushes and just being like "**** it. Let's go."

I'm 23, and I was really active as a child and in my early teens, and I feel like I've lost it. It's sad.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Aikido.
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Ride a scooter at a skate park.

Haha. Last time I was at a skatepark I smacked my head on the ground and couldn't see properly for a few hours.

Always wear a helmet.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by Tempoe
Today I rode my motocross 2 hrs and windsurfed Atlantic waves 2 hrs, then played guitar 3 hrs.

Nice try 5 hour energy adbot.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Put a box of condoms into the shopping carts of unaware people.

Your posts remind me of this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhpvuXc0WKQ
Quote by neidnarb11890
Go into a store and stand in front of the glass to make people think you're a manikin and then scare them.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Disclaimer: Don't actually try to take down a boar with your bare hands

I have a friend who just did that last week. After seeing the pictures it doesn't look particularly interesting, fun, or challenging.
Quote by SunshineMusicO
Eat psilocybin mushrooms, and then go hiking.

Strong contender here.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by Avedas
I have a friend who just did that last week. After seeing the pictures it doesn't look particularly interesting, fun, or challenging.

There's this thing in Belgium that my uncle, a former cop, does, that's a 200 km hike/run in 4 days, through a big portion of Belgium. That shit is pretty damned badass, and the people that take part are ultra-fit. My uncle is the kind of guy who's almost sixty and still does several hand-stand pushups.

Tough Mudder guys just go through some 12 mile obstacle course. I could run 12 miles in a couple of hours at 14, and probably went through more tough trials running through forests and swamps.

But they have this label, "designed by British Special Forces". I am pretty damned sure that none of the people doing Tough Mudder are anywhere near capable of the things the British Special Forces can do.

I can design a playground for children, doesn't mean that's all I know how to do.
Follow Umphrey's Mcgee on tour
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Get a coloring book and color outside the lines because books don't tell you what to do because books are for batches.
Quote by CoreysMonster
There's this thing in Belgium that my uncle, a former cop, does, that's a 200 km hike/run in 4 days, through a big portion of Belgium. That shit is pretty damned badass, and the people that take part are ultra-fit. My uncle is the kind of guy who's almost sixty and still does several hand-stand pushups.

Tough Mudder guys just go through some 12 mile obstacle course. I could run 12 miles in a couple of hours at 14, and probably went through more tough trials running through forests and swamps.

But they have this label, "designed by British Special Forces". I am pretty damned sure that none of the people doing Tough Mudder are anywhere near capable of the things the British Special Forces can do.

I can design a playground for children, doesn't mean that's all I know how to do.

Right. If I were actually very fit I'd do the Ironman Triathlon.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Parkour

I was gonna say this. I went to a parkour class once and scraped my chin on a wall. It was really fun though and I'd like to try it again in the future
cat
Quote by Avedas
Right. If I were actually very fit I'd do the Ironman Triathlon.

Is that what's it's called? I cant remember the name

EDIT: oh but yeah, lol, if I were anywhere near as strong I'd try that too
Pick a fight with someone weaker than you
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Scotland is like Airsoft Heaven. Try that.
Hmm go mountain biking! Like extreme downhill biking!
Get wasted and try to hit the empty beer cans with rocks.
Go to a restaurant and nonchalantly shoot spit balls.
Try to get as many hits with a hacky sack as you can.
Hide in bushes and scare people
Dress up like Slender man and chase/get chased by people.
Go for a walk. But don't just walk. Every person you encounter, stop them and tell them this:"Hello, my name is (IRL Name) I would like to challenge you to a duel." Then just stare at them. Stare at them until they move or say something, then run for the hills.
Page 1 of 2