Page 1 of 2
I searched skateboarding, and nothing came up, so let the skate thread begin!

Rules!
- No uncalled for flaming
- No spam
- If you post a picture, make sure it is of something skate related!
- Have common sense!
Bought a skateboard last summer for £150, planned on learning again, didn't, now I'm gonna end up selling for a big loss. yay.
If you lived in Murca I'd buy it lolol

Just keep it and go skate when you get the chance
Quote by DRMguitar
I searched skateboarding, and nothing came up,

There's a reason for that.
I was a pro

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Trowzaa
Bought a skateboard last summer for £150, planned on learning again, didn't, now I'm gonna end up selling for a big loss. yay.

Can't be worse than me spending over 350 on three boards. I was huge into skating but when I got real f'd up bombing some hills, I quit for a while, and now I suck. I had bought two boards for myself, and one for my brother. He said he wanted to try it, then as soon as he stepped on the board and fell, he wanted no part in it. Now I am 120 out on his board. I can barely skate now, so I am out another 230 with my two boards! FML
Last edited by DRMguitar at Jul 1, 2013,
I just landed a mad dank 420 fakey kickflip the other day, I told my brah Skyler how totally tubular it was
i actually really want to learn to skateboard how do i skateboard
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I remember I bought a DBZ skate-board from wal-mart with Goku on the underside. I was at my grade 8 graduation and this girl who I had been flirting with all throughout grade 8 came to watch me ride down this hill on which there was a jump. I hit the jump and wiped out. Skinned my knee pretty bad. I ended up walking home before the dance with a troupe of my friends. Was a terrible moment.
Quote by DRMguitar
Can't be worse than me spending over 350 on three boards. I was huge into skating but when I got real f'd up bombing some hills, I quit for a while, and now I suck. I had bought two boards for myself, and one for my brother. He said he wanted to try it, then as soon as he stepped on the board and fell, he wanted no part in it. Now I am 120 out on his board. I can barely skate now, so I am out another 230 with my two boards! FML

why would you make a skateboarding thread then?

And I was ok at it, until one of my dads friends told me he used to skate and then schooled the shit out of me. I gave up on life that day.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
i skated for a bit but had to take a break due to an acl injury.
i came to realize that doing tricks or whatever wasn't really what i enjoyed... but rather hitting up hills. the area that i live in is shitty tho for that... maybe if i move out west i'll pick up boarding again.
sigless
Quote by sysD
i skated for a bit but had to take a break due to an acl injury.
i came to realize that doing tricks or whatever wasn't really what i enjoyed... but rather hitting up hills. the area that i live in is shitty tho for that... maybe if i move out west i'll pick up boarding again.

Surely you'd use a mountain board for that then? Or would that classify under skateboarding too?
Quote by DRMguitar

- If you post a picture, make sure it is of something skate related!

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I remember I landed the sickest thing ever at a skate park. Almost died twice trying to do it.
So there are these two quarters pipes at one end, and the one has a railing on the top of it. I stood on top of the railing, ran and jumped from the railing, stuck the board underneath my feet, and landed going down the other quarter pipe. I don't usually like skate parks but I was there with a friend that's into very stuff.

Oh yeah good idea!
So guys, street or vert?
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
why would you make a skateboarding thread then?

Because I still like skating, even if I can barely do it anymore. I still like talking to people about skating. And I still try to ride every once in awhile, even if I suck at it.
im not even a skater and i can do more tricks then the kids who try to pass off as skaters but are just in it for the swag
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Quote by luvs2gro
im not even a skater and i can do more tricks then the kids who try to pass off as skaters but are just in it for the swag

Wearing skate stuff stopped being cool after like 8th grade, why would anyone wear it if they don't skate
Quote by darkcheef
Wearing skate stuff stopped being cool after like 8th grade, why would anyone wear it if they don't skate

I'm 25, stopped skating about 4 years ago and still wear skate shoes. They are comfy.
Actually, skate shoes are really comfy. Never considered that as part of the skater thing. I bought 2 pairs last year and they are my favourite shoes.
Quote by Trowzaa
Surely you'd use a mountain board for that then? Or would that classify under skateboarding too?

no, pavement inclines. more speed that way
sigless
Quote by darkcheef

You obviously don't currently go to high school in America do you?

Here if you dress like a skater with swag all the kids think you are cool.

And I don't mean punk skaters I mean swag fag kids in Diamond Supply Co.
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Last edited by luvs2gro at Jul 1, 2013,
I was always a street guy with the board. It was more freestyle stuff- caspers, primos, that kind of thing. Almost got darkslides down, but then I threw my controller at the wall and broke my Tony Hawks game.

In all seriousness, I did nearly get darkslides down. Probably spent more money on griptape than boards
My specialty was double kickflips. I ended up getting better at them than standard kickflips.
When non skaters wear skate stuff, it is like they try to sell to a limited market. Within the market, either everybody realizes this guy is a poser, or some other posers get with him too. Outside of this market, everybody can see this guy is a fake, plus he is trying to be a skater, so he isn't appealing to the people either, so he's flagged twice for his poser-ism.

I think the main skate brand for posers is probably DC. Sure, I have had a couple DC clothing items, but they aren't a big part of my outfit, they are just another shirt or sweatshirt or pair of shoes to me. But you see these guys coordinating 5 DC branded items in a single outfit, and real skaters are like "WTF?" at them.

One thing that pisses me off about skateboarding is the Street League crap. I can't stand it. What ever happened to a good skate video?

F*ck off Sheckler

EDIT

YES I FORGOT DIAMOND SUPPLY CO.
THAT IS WORSE THAN DC!
The people that I know at least, that wear Diamond stuff say things like:
"F*ck you, I am a skater, I could beat your *ss!"
"Wanna fight? I bust my board over your head!"
"I got so much swag you can't even touch me!"

And on the rare occasion that one of these Diamond kids can skate
(does ollie over a board laying on the ground)
"Get on my level f*ggot!"
Last edited by DRMguitar at Jul 1, 2013,
The trick that I worked so hard to perfect was a 540 Shove it. The board goes around the 540, not me. But after I wrecked on the huge hill then stopped skating for a while, I lost the ability to do almost anything but ollie.
I blame Rob Dyrdek, he's traded off the pompous dickhead skater persona for years. He also has a face that just begs to be punched repeatedly.
Quote by JackalUK
I blame Rob Dyrdek, he's traded off the pompous dickhead skater persona for years. He also has a face that just begs to be punched repeatedly.

+1

Plus he has f*cked up MTV too.
Yeah Ive been skating 10 plus years so I don't really follow the trends anymore. Couldn't care less about "swag fags", but yeah I'm getting over it a bit the hits you take definitely start to take a toll on your body.
i dont skate but i plan on starting (just for cruising along though), plus i have step 1 of skating down im wearing vans
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by JackalUK
I'm 25, stopped skating about 4 years ago and still wear skate shoes. They are comfy.

This, but +2 years.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I've been skating for like 12 years now, I'm 25. Always been a fan of the old school stuff. I started off street but slowly kept integrating the freestyle/flat ground, I ride 80's freestyle board reissues now. Can't go back to standard boards.

http://youtu.be/gkxyy90MSEs
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Jul 1, 2013,
will actually cares about a cathdral
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by JackalUK
That was a bitching no comply in that vid.

Thanks man, I've got them much cleaner and consistent at that height now
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by Hydra150

When did you get promoted? Congrats!
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Page 1 of 2