Hello everyone. I don't often visit this sub-forum but I'm in need of assistance.

On my acoustic, I have a set of .013 Martin MSP4200 SP strings.
They sounded awesome when first strung, but now they're dull (it's been like 6 months since I've replaced them...)

I'd like .012 or .013 strings. I play in E Standard, Drop D, and Open D tunings if that helps.

I saw a 2-pack of Martin MSP7100 strings on Hello Music (I have $10 in credits on that site so might as well use it :shrug and Ernie Ball Guitar Strings
3144 and wanted to know if there are other strings that are better.

Thanks for any advice. It's much appreciated
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Last edited by itzkpanda at Jul 1, 2013,
There is heaps of info on strings on the front page under Master information thread.
Every body here has a different opinion on which strings, as it should be. Personally I use Elixer 11s
they are cool when fingerpicking and loud enough when strumming and the tone lasts. At $30 a set in my country they need to last. Cheers
tuxs.. what would a 1 lb package cost from NY to you? i'm thinkin if i get 10 sets at $10 each and mail 'em to you for 10 bucks... you'll have saved at least $4.28 ! ( my math skills are a little under-used lately)
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
I found the same thing about Martin SPs. Great at first, but not for very long. I really like the Elixir Nanowebs in 12s.
“It’s been very important throughout my career that I’ve met all the guys I’ve copied, because at each stage they’ve said, "Don’t play like me, play like you.”
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
Step, I better not hijack this mans thread but i'll do some homework. Cheers
everytime i get a new guitar( 2 more weeks!!) i try out a slew of different strings. i usually end right back up with D'addario EXP16's. i should just go to those but i keep trying anyway as every guitar sounds different.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
D'Addario EXP 80/20 bronze light(.012) guage strings almost exclusively. They last long enough, and are bright and have decent low end, and maintain that for a while. I've tried alot of strings and these are the most consistent and best balanced for the money.