Got bored and started fucking around with Guitar Pro and then this happened. As of now it's just 41 bars long but I want to extend this into a full song. C4C is applied here, hope you shake your butt to this.
EDIT: Plz check post #4 for the new version!
Attachments:
fuckinggroovy.gp5
fuckinggroovy.gp4
fuckinggroovy.mid
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Jul 2, 2013,
that was pretty awesome, it's like goofy trippy videogame boss music. however, this also means i can't imagine it being a full song right now (with this being the thematic "seed," anyhow), how are you planning on doing it?

how do you write like this? i've always tried to write dissonant stuff like this but i can never do it without resolving to more traditional tonality really quickly.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
that was pretty awesome, it's like goofy trippy videogame boss music. however, this also means i can't imagine it being a full song right now (with this being the thematic "seed," anyhow), how are you planning on doing it?

how do you write like this? i've always tried to write dissonant stuff like this but i can never do it without resolving to more traditional tonality really quickly.

I have no clue .
The bassline is basically just chromatic nonsense with 2 tritones in the middle so I decided to make the lead synth thing starting with a whole tone riff and then it just goes all over the place lol. If this was played in a different way with other instruments it would most likely sound horrible.

EDIT: To your first question, I have no idea what to go now lol I'm writing kind of a drum break now but what comes next is beyond me.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Jul 1, 2013,
Quote by Thomasoman
do you like flying lotus?

I don't know them, I'll check it out.

EDIT: Listening to MmmHmm, sounds pretty cool, I dig it.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
what the hell did my ears just witness? lol this is kinda cool, but ****ing weird. and im a prog guy, so when i say shit is weird, DAT SHITS WEIRD.

probably wouldve been more listenable with more variation
****ing rad dude, you shred at guitar pro. Cool song definitely has a unique feeling toward it
I loved it and I loled so hard haha omg! There's is nothing underdue you have some kickass skills and you definitely know a lot to musical theory. That bass sound was just perfect haha.
Quote by Craziork
you definitely know a lot to musical theory.

Actually I know a few scales and that's it lol.
Quote by slapsymcdougal