Because I'm entirely aware at just how hilarious I am

I always laugh at the punchline before I say it

For not-funny stories I'm actually alright though

EDIT: for instance, just yesterday I tried to summarise the nate the snake story to a friend because he didn't want to read it.
But I couldn't finish 5 or so words without laughing for a few moments at how funny I thought that shit was
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Last edited by Obsceneairwaves at Jul 1, 2013,
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Because I'm entirely aware at just how hilarious I am

I always laugh at the punchline before I say it

You should try telling Nate The Snake.

Edit: Lol at your edit.
ayy lmao
Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I'm told I'm a good story teller. I never have to piss around going back because people don't catch it.

I have a friend who can't tell a story to save his life
It depends. If I'm with a group of people that I'm comfortable with I can tell a decent story. But if I have even the slightest bit of anxiety it can go down hill pretty quick.
im p shit at telling stories so most of the time i just give super condensed versions and then expand afterwards if they want it.
Quote by devourke
im p shit at telling stories so most of the time i just give super condensed versions and then expand afterwards if they want it.

that half hour story in tc about you, me and a horse, and the hour long one following it was pure brilliance

Assuming it was actually you

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
that half hour story in tc about you, me and a horse, and the hour long one following it was pure brilliance

I hope that wasn't the super condensed version..
I take funny stories and make them unfunny
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Pretty good. Some of my really good buddies are incredible though so if we are together I usually defer to let them tell the story if we are both central in it.
I have a few skills, but storytelling is definitely one of them - unfortunately, I take it way too seriously and throw in dramatic pauses and crap; by the time I get to the punchline, everyone is too confused to care.
If I'm around my friends or other random people my age, then I can tell a story pretty well. If I'm around family or people older than me, then not so well. Probably because most of my funny stories are inappropriate for family.
I don't get to tell stories that often because someone else does it. I don't think I'm very good at it because everyone else seems bored.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

it was. i'm better at coming up with things off the cuff than actually retelling stories tho
Quote by chookiecookie

I have Nate blogged on here if any body doesn't know what it is.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'm awful at it. I used to try anyway but now I just defer to someone else or don't tell it at all, pretty much. I'm terrible at explaining things too. Speaking is definitely not a gift of mine.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Depending on how the story unfolds I can range from pretty good to mediocre but usually I get sidetracked real quick and go off on a few different tangents and never finish my story.
Any story that isn't funny isn't really a story worth telling, in my opinion. I usually tell people the least amount of information possible on those and only if they ask (otherwise I won't bring it up).

However, when it comes to funny stories I'm great. But that's because I know how to extend the truth and add all kinds of delicious flavour (on the spot) to make the stories way better than originally planned.

People who are bad at storytelling are so boring to be around.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
I'm good at telling stories.

My problem is I can't come up with a story to tell just for the sake of telling a story. Something has to remind me that the particular tale exists in my tome of absurd and twisted experience.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I suck at it cuz I get distracted and forget what I was talking about. If I could write it down it'd be a amazing story but when I talk I forget things.
cat
Without wanting to sound conceited, I. am. f*cking. BRILLIANT!... at telling funny stories and anecdotes. I've even done a bit of stand-up and one of my 'arty' mates once described me as a 'delightful raconteur'.
Quote by Rawshik
Any story that isn't funny isn't really a story worth telling, in my opinion. I usually tell people the least amount of information possible on those and only if they ask (otherwise I won't bring it up).

However, when it comes to funny stories I'm great. But that's because I know how to extend the truth and add all kinds of delicious flavour (on the spot) to make the stories way better than originally planned.

People who are bad at storytelling are so boring to be around.

This is pretty much what I do.
Quote by snipelfritz
I'm good at telling stories.

My problem is I can't come up with a story to tell just for the sake of telling a story. Something has to remind me that the particular tale exists in my tome of absurd and twisted experience.

I can do this in smaller doses and build upon it. Basically how I do all of my lying on the spot. It's pretty useful for dealing with retail employees, police etc.
Quote by Avedas
I can do this in smaller doses and build upon it. Basically how I do all of my lying on the spot. It's pretty useful for dealing with retail employees, police etc.

Solid as ****.

^this man gets it.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I'm pretty hit and miss. There's some stories I've told over and over that get better every time, and there's some stories that sounded better in my head and they've failed and I haven't tried them again.
I like telling them the horse story. It's a great story.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Now this is a story all about how my life turned flipped right upside down and I'd like to take a minute and sit right there, and tell you how I became...... ah, sod it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Without wanting to sound conceited, I. am. f*cking. BRILLIANT!... at telling funny stories and anecdotes. I've even done a bit of stand-up and one of my 'arty' mates once described me as a 'delightful raconteur'.

Age and experience.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It depends on who i'm talking to, if it's someone i know quite well and i'm comfortable talking to, then i'm good at it, but if i don't really know someone, then i tend to **** up. It gets quite annoying if i'm talking to my mum about something, then just as i get to the end of the story, my dad comes into the room and says "what happened?" and i have to start from the beginning, so now i just wait until they are both in the room.

Sometimes i to ramble on a bit, i need to learn to condense things.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
It's not you, it's your audience.

Tell a funny story, and shoot whoever doesn't laugh. They'll learn pretty fast.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."