Sure, this should probably go in EG, but I know everyone here, so eh.

Anyway, I traded my Strat Plus for this bad boy. What you're looking at is an '02 American Standard Tele w/ a Lil' 59 and Quarter Pounder. I've found out that I'm just much more of a tele guy, so I decided this was a good little beast to snare.

Alright, review time. It feels light compared to my other tele, which is odd since this one lacks the forearm and tummy cuts of the other. It plays really comfortably, and fits my hand nicely, just like my other tele. This was the main reason I ditched the Strat for this, this feels like I've played it for years, while the Strat felt like an argumentative plank in comparison.

The body itself looks like a 3 piece as far as I can tell, but it's quite tough to see the joins, had to look damn hard to see them. I quite like the tobacco burst as well. Strap buttons are solid, but I'm still going to put straplocks on at some point. All the other hardware is about what you'd expect. Might eventually do a swap out of tuners, saddles, string tree etc but for now it's fine.

Sound wise, at least for dirty tones, I really like the Lil' 59. Got quite a bite too it and plenty of balls as well. Rather warm surprisingly, but not overly so. Handles some chugga chugga fairly well, but I'm not about to be playing Meshuggah or something on this thing. The coil split is also quite handy too.

The Quarter Pounder is something I'm not as fond of. It just sounds a little dull, flat and lifeless. It can also be split (or something, previous owner didn't really say. All I know is I've got a push pull pot for it that does weird things). Probably won't use this one as much. Jumping to a clean tone, this thing is overall absurdly warm sounding, which is a nice contrast to my other tele. The splits come in really handy here, and the Quarter Pounder becomes just as useable as the Lil' 59.

One weird thing I've noticed is that rolling off the tone seems to cost me some drive/output. Not quite sure what's going on here, also not sure if I'm complaining. Kinda like it if I roll of the tone off my high gain tone and get a serviceable blues tone.

Got a few other new things, but not worth the photo, just a PT-Jr and a BBE Supacharger. The latter is actually a rather good powersupply, no PP2+. but it does the job for cheaper.

Anyway, that's about all I've got. Cheers for reading
Noice.

You have the same poster as me.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I have Quarter Pounders in both positions in my Tele and I'm not impressed with the neck one either. The bridge one is a ball tearer. When you compare them physically they aren't even close. The "quarter pound" tag is a reference to the massive magnets but the QP tele neck pup doesn't have them. So in what way is it a Quarter Pounder? I'll probably replace it with a hot rails. They make one to fit in the neck spot.

HNGD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cheers guys I'm tempted to strip it out Cath, I could easily just get by with the Lil 59
Or you could try a hotrails in there too. They do make a tele neck version of it. I'll probably do it one day but it's my slide guitar so I still probably wouldn't use it. That puts it pretty low on the priority list. It's going to get a Hipshot Trilogy before that.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Or you could try a hotrails in there too. They do make a tele neck version of it. I'll probably do it one day but it's my slide guitar so I still probably wouldn't use it. That puts it pretty low on the priority list. It's going to get a Hipshot Trilogy before that.

Maybe one day is my idea too. Better things to upgrade on this first, tuners etc
I put Grover lockers on my Tele. I can't recommend them highly enough. They look like normal tele tuners, not something out of Terminator.

And oh yeah, they're cheap. Can't forget that.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jul 2, 2013,
I'm a povo student, cheap is good That Hipshot Trilogy looks really odd, yet good too.
Yeah, the Trilogy is a bit of a monstrosity but for a slide guitar it's worth it. I starting to need other tunings and I'll be ****ed if I'm gonna go to four guitars on stage. Any more than three is a pita. Three is ok, especially as I have one side of the stage all to myself, but four is just too much. Never again.
The Trilogy seems like the answer.

And as far as the tuners - ebay. I got mine for $50 from the US. There's always somebody flogging them off cheap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jul 2, 2013,
very nice

Quote by Eppicurt

You have the same poster as me.

keep it classy, australia
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wait... what just happened? All I saw was the poster....

HNGD!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?