So i just starting transcribing this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ3YdEkg48Y

The first chord is a C minor, then the next chord is a Bbsus4, then the last chord before it loops, I can't tell if it's an Eb major first inversion or if there is no third. Is there a third in there?
I'm talking about the first part, where C lo Green sings "do whatever you like" not the part where francine comes in.
Last edited by macashmack at Jul 1, 2013,
I have a terrible ear.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The bassline sounds like it moves down for the last chord. It could go from a Bb to a G, making it a first inversion. That could leave a common tone, F down to another G and D to Eb. If that isn't the actual chord, it should sound alright.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Upon further listening:

The first chord is Ab maj, second is Gm, last is Cm7 walking down to Cm9 (no third).
Quote by cdgraves
Upon further listening:

The first chord is Ab maj, second is Gm, last is Cm7 walking down to Cm9 (no third).

I don't hear it that way at all.
I got

//: Cm7 - - - / Gm - - - / Abmaj7 - - - / Gm Cm G7 (b9) - ://
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
Abmaj7 - Gm7 - Fm7 - Gm7 - Cm7

Basic minor blues in C. Feel free to add colour tones to the chords. Alter the G chord the second time round to a 7#5 to make the resolve stronger. Hendrix style altered chord will also work well.
Last edited by mdc at Jul 3, 2013,
Well that Ab fooled me for a bit because of a lower register line that skips around, but when I was at the keyboard getting the chords later I found that the C was definitely out of place as the root.

The last chord you're hearing sounds funny because it's a Cm that with Eb in the highest voice, and then that Eb walks down to D.
Quote by mdc
Abmaj7 - Gm7 - Fm7 - Gm7 - Cm7

Basic minor blues in C. Feel free to add colour tones to the chords. Alter the G chord the second time round to a 7#5 to make the resolve stronger. Hendrix style altered chord will also work well.

Where are those chords in terms of the bars? I can't hear it that way.
Ab is beat 1
Gm is on the "and" of beat 2.
Fm is beat 3
Gm (this time make it dominant) on the "and" of beat 4
Cm on beat 2 in the new (2nd) bar
Bass line walks up in eighth notes from the "and" of beat 3 onwards.

Just a rough transcription by ear.... But do whatever you like, whatever you like...
Last edited by mdc at Jul 3, 2013,