I want a Gibson EDS-1275 in Cherry Red, but i'm left handed, and those guitars are extremely expensive, I dont even know if they make left handed versions of those guitars.

I was looking around and found http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Custom-Shop-Red-3-Pickups-EDS1275-Left-Hand-Double-Neck-Electric-Guitar-6-12-Strings-Free/898991974.html

I know that its a chinese made replica, but I don't know if the quality is any good. I dont want to spend close to 400$ on that guitar and have to put another couple hundred worth of parts/work into just to get it to play good,.

Is it worth buying any of those chinese guitars off of like dhgate or aliexpress?
Last edited by Billy4269 at Jul 2, 2013,
It's very difficult to tell. But generally speaking these no named Chinese knockoffs are shit.

It's like wanting Coca Cola and getting the nasty economy shit instead.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

You don't really want to cheap out on a guitar...and hat goes double for a doubleneck.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
You don't really want to cheap out on a guitar...and hat goes double for a doubleneck.

Yeah, I wish I could find reviews of them or something online but there are none. I have seen videos of people with the chinese Les Pauls, and apparently with a little bit of work they're pretty good guitars, but a double neck is different from a les paul, so I'm not really sure.
I'm sure- you shouldn't.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Billy4269
I want a Gibson EDS-1275 in Cherry Red, but i'm left handed, and those guitars are extremely expensive, I dont even know if they make left handed versions of those guitars.

I was looking around and found http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Custom-Shop-Red-3-Pickups-EDS1275-Left-Hand-Double-Neck-Electric-Guitar-6-12-Strings-Free/898991974.html

I know that its a chinese made replica, but I don't know if the quality is any good. I dont want to spend close to 400$ on that guitar and have to put another couple hundred worth of parts/work into just to get it to play good,.

Is it worth buying any of those chinese guitars off of like dhgate or aliexpress?

That are no 'replicas' that just are FAKEs
Quote by paruwi
That are no 'replicas' that just are FAKEs

There are replica's they are called Epiphone's. Epiphone being a part of Gibson is allowed to use the EXACT specs of a Les Paul and are allowed to legally put the Les Paul signature on the headstock. Aside from being offshore materials they are made to Gibson's specs which is why I always suggest Epiphone to people on a budget.

To the OP, I wouldn't waste your time on that guitar without the understanding you would probably have to change EVERY piece of electronics on that guitar for it to really be worth your time and money. Then of course you always have to be cautious since its made out of inferior quality wood it may break easier. Just thought of it now but I would like to know how many of these fakes have quarter sawn necks or not!
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
The Chinese knock-off is definitely not worth it, though I do like the idea of three pickups in a doubleneck arrangement.

I'm afraid you're in a bind, my friend. The only company I know of that ever made a great doubleneck in left-hand version (and man, was it great!) was Carvin. Unfortunately, they discontinued their doublenecks in the late 80s or early 90s, and have not seen fit to reintroduce them. Therefore, if you want a lefty doubleneck, you are probably going to have to go to a custom maker.

I wish you luck!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Billy4269
I dont want to spend close to 400$ on that guitar and have to put another couple hundred worth of parts/work into just to get it to play good,.

hammer meet nail.

dude the epiphone double neck is a decent guitar, they can go for $600 used.

or like you say, spend $400 on crap and $200 upgrading the crap to almost not but still crap for the same price.

or just find a decent used epiphone/burny/greco/orville/etc...