I have been thinking about selling my Marshall Jcm 900.
Tbh, I have never been happy with the tone. I think I was a kid who wanted a Marshall because all my idols used them but chose the wrong one. Should of went with the 2000.

An amp that caught my eye was the I'd series.
In my band we are more pop punk/British punk but at home I play a lot of hard rock and some metal.

I like how versatile it seems in tone.

I have just got a ht1 for quiet house playing and like it.
But like most I have to buy blind as not too many local music shops and the likelihood of them stocking the specific item is slim.

Going through the research phase at min and want to hear people's opinions and experience on this amp

Edit:
Or what about a Vypyr? Seems similar. Heard mixed things though, some love them some hate them.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Last edited by nightwalker903 at Jul 2, 2013,
Try a Laney GH50/100, JCM2000 DSL50/100, Peavey JSX/Ultra. These amps can be had for $500 all the time.

The ID series I was not impressed with at all. Actually I have been very unimpressed with any of Blackstars offerings under $1500 new

The ID is just a modeling amp.

The Peavey Vypyr Tube is a nice amp and it sounds good. My friend has the Vypyr 120 combo and a Mesa Dual recto 1/2 stack. He uses the Vypyr at most shows and sounds really good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I was considering the 2000 but would have to get used as £700 new is too much for me at min.

Will check out the others suggested though.

I like the ht1 but I wasn't after anything out of this world tone wise with it but it delivers better than I thought it would.

The I'd sounds good, especially in the vid attached to a review here on UG but demo vids usually end up sounding great.

There's one store near me that stocks blackstar, I did try the ht there so might see if they have the I'd.

But I did say I was going to go back and buy the amp and then got it off eBay...
But I am intending on this one used so I guess they would get my custom if I went for it

Might shop for a used 2000 too as I loved it when I originally tried it
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
Laney's are pretty cheap used in the UK, The Laney VH100r is basically a 2 channel GH100 (the GH50/100 are single channel amps) if you need a clean channel.

I have a JCM2000 DSL100 (I have never been a big Marshall fan at all) I bought last year used and it is a great sounding amp, all I have done is some tube swapping.

What about your JCM900 do you not like?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jul 2, 2013,
I think the amp sounds very trebly and the eq doesn't really change much.
It works well for like blink 182 style pop punk but when want to play heavier it doesn't have that low end that I want.
The clean is very twangy too which when I think of Marshall, especially with a les Paul its normally more full and warm.

Going to the it to practice tomorrow and maybe plug it into another cab as I only run it through a MG cab I got off a friend for cheap.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
A JCM2000 DSL or Laney GH/VH would work well for you.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate