Page 5 of 6
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Crofty89/music/play1207136

Just reposting the link to my entry since I just noticed all the mp3s on my profile vanished and I had to upload it again
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Just recorded. Post-production might take a while. I'm doing, like, multiple camera angles and color correction and shit.
E: Nope, just one camera angle because my webcam has the worst lighting correction ever, and no amount of color correction can make it not look like ass. Besides, my video editor is a piece of shit.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Jul 18, 2013,
If someone can tell me how the **** I get a good recording sound out of a Line 6 pocket pod, I'm in
'Tis done!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/SaintVitus/music/play1207172

It's a bit of a rush job and i recorded it on my phone so there's a very good chance that it sounds like shit but still...

Next month i'll be ruining some Darkthrone.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fi72yPhXe8

Complete with a little mythology lesson in the info. May be mildly NSFW due to album artwork.

Now that I've re-listened to the original, I might actually redo this later. The main riff (which is like half the song) sounds like it's played differently on the album version.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Jul 18, 2013,
OP Updated.

1 more day guys. It's getting close!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
fuuuuuuuuu

I just did like 20 takes for mine. Put it all on my computer and was wondering why it sounded so shitty. Was messing with it for 20 minutes before I realized I never used my mic to record and was instead using the shitty camera mic. God dammit!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Jesus phil
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well I did a couple more and got something kind of decent. Now to upload it!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
OP Updated.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Here's my entry for intermediate bass: Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbu2i6xFsTk

Man, a recording interface makes everything so much easier. If I got time I'll try to squeeze in Deja Vu by Beyonce for easy bass
Yup.
Last edited by Coach Potato at Jul 20, 2013,
Quote by TV-Casualty
Here's mine, ended up recording all the parts

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/TV-Casualty/music/play1207477

Did you do the bass too?

OP Updated.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I kinda don't want to upload mine because it's so shitty :/
___

Quote by The_Blode
I doubt its that bad.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Cavalcade
Yeah, he's just saying that because he saw my video. Don't let me scare you off!

Yours is pretty awesome

But yea, I think I'm just gonna ditch it. It sounds awful. Like, I can't even make out my guitar. I'll have to try something different next month because this recording setup I had didn't work at all.
___

Quote by The_Blode
That's a shame

Oh well.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
K added you to the bass.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
No problemo
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Okie doke, here's mine (just in the nick of time, haha!):

https://soundcloud.com/steve-beville/amon-amarth-pursuit-of-vikings

Wasn't entirely satisfied with the vocals, but it was so hot yesterday afternoon that once I got some decent takes I couldn't be bothered to go back through and improve it line by line. Got a slightly odd doubling effect going on too, because I've used the guide vocal take + two 'proper' takes through a better mic, and must have sang some lines differently between them
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
OP Updated. Let me know if I missed you.

I'll give a 2 hour grace period and then the threads are going up.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I haven't been back to this thread in a while....

I did read all your stuff DisarmGoliath You have some sick setup
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by leony03
I haven't been back to this thread in a while....

I did read all your stuff DisarmGoliath You have some sick setup

Thanks I am at the level of trying to move beyond hobbyist though, so my setup is gradual getting to the level of a small-time studio with each paycheque The reason I entered this song this month was because the band I'm currently working with tune to the same pitch, and are also a melo-death band.

If I can find the time to do another song enough justice, I'll choose something a bit more advanced next month, as this entry was very simple to play - I just love the song and thought I could pull the vocals off
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Oh, I figured out what was wrong with my recording setup. Someone turned all the knobs on my amp to 0 besides the volume and I didn't even check it because I haven't changed anything in months.

I thought my pedal or mic was broken

Anyway, I think I'm gonna cover some BTBAM next month because I got a good tone that sounds dirty with their stuff.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Jul 21, 2013,
Oh, I didn't even noticed such competition exists here. I should've participated in Intermediate bass (maybe a bit hard for me, but I could try ). So when's the next one?
Quote by Zaqq
Oh, I didn't even noticed such competition exists here. I should've participated in Intermediate bass (maybe a bit hard for me, but I could try ). So when's the next one?

Next thread will go up on the 1st of August and you will have until the 20th to submit a cover.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
Anyway, I think I'm gonna cover some BTBAM next month because I got a good tone that sounds dirty with their stuff.

I may join you there, will have moved house by then and will probably attempt Lay Your Ghosts To Rest.
Nice. That song is ridiculous to play, lol

I'll probably try All Bodies
___

Quote by The_Blode
Try to bump some of the threads guys.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Thanks I am at the level of trying to move beyond hobbyist though, so my setup is gradual getting to the level of a small-time studio with each paycheque The reason I entered this song this month was because the band I'm currently working with tune to the same pitch, and are also a melo-death band.

If I can find the time to do another song enough justice, I'll choose something a bit more advanced next month, as this entry was very simple to play - I just love the song and thought I could pull the vocals off

Nice I would love to get more serious but with lack of funds at the moment, I can't do much although I hopefully will have a job soon that pays ok money as long as I live with my parents for a while

Heres my suggestion
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot