Can anybody guess the price of this guitar? The guy is demanding 400$ for the guitar. Has a leather bag, original tremolo, and L key with it. I just want to know if this guitar is worth purchasing. I played it. The action was very low I have actually never played any guitar with such low action. Pictures attached below please check the condition and tell me if this guitar is worth 400$

I wouldn't pay that much for it. $400 can go a nice ways towards a new guitar

You could probably get a new one for around 500-600 and judging from the pictures, that one looks jacked
Last edited by Fuchan at Jul 2, 2013,
Not worth $400, I wouldn't pay more than $250 for that.

Pro tip: check out completed listings on Ebay, should give you a good idea on what they go for. There are ones in better condition w/ hard cases selling for around $300.
No way, not for 400. I'd be looking at the trem posts and knife edges too. If they're severely worn, tuning issues will follow. If they check out, I would offer him $200 at most.
Mine was beat to hell as well when I got it and I only paid 160. I thoroughly checked the guitar prior to buying it though. If you are not too sure about what to look for then take someone with you. $400 is still too much, I've seen them in really great condition for 400. They are great guitars if you can get them for the right price.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
what was he doing to that, eating it? also really old strings etc.

the stock pickups (if it is a 570) seem to have been changed, too.

i suspect the serial number is probably ok, but i'd like a clearer pic of it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea... a clear pic of the serial number will tell you the mfg year... RG570's are nice guitars but this one ain't worth $400... heck, $200 is pushing it with the amount of wear & tear.

how the heck do you get the Ibanez name to wear off?
I just sold an RG560 in way better shape for $350. You'll find that the RG5xx's do show up on ebay quite often. Usually, the price for one is $300-400 dependent upon condition. That's what I paid for my RG that was in really good shape. That looks awful. Obviously someone does not know how to care for an instrument.

I did run across one RG560 that some Australian guy was selling for $2500 US dollars. I asked him why so much and he said it was because of "sentimental value". Sentimental value means nothing to a buyer. For that much you could go get a really nice brand new Prestige guitar.
Last edited by Fenderexpx50 at Jul 3, 2013,
I slightly disagree with the responses so far.

It may not be worth $400, but it is still a 570 we're talking about. In that condition I'd say about $250-$300.

Not $150 for a 570. That's silly talk right there. The condition isn't that bad.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I slightly disagree with the responses so far.

It may not be worth $400, but it is still a 570 we're talking about. In that condition I'd say about $250-$300.

Not $150 for a 570. That's silly talk right there. The condition isn't that bad.

Before my RG560 sold, some guy offered me $150 and the guitar was in good condition. I'm pretty sure he thought I was ******ed or something.
Not worth it, it's beat to hell. I picked up a RGR1570 for 400 in near mint condition. Shop around, don't buy this one.