Hi. I'm Liam, this started about 4 days ago but I've been using this guitar and bass combo since Christmas. I usually like my bass to sound clean all I have on in terms of disortion is just the Trebel on a little bit like I like it but its just sounding all raunchy and crackly can someone help? It's definite my bass not my amp although it may sound like it because my guitar and a friends Bass works fine in my amp. I am starting to think its one of these

A Problem with the battery (running out maybe)
Pickup is broken somewhere inside

Not a very big guitar tech guy but I know about pickups and such but notice when I play closer to the pickup the noise gets worse so it could be something to do with that I guess. but please help me and educate me by telling me whats wrong and how to fix it it'd be appreciated

Gear:
Squier Jaguar Bass by Fender
Marshall B25 MK 2 Amplifier

=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dVV7KLhrPo]Video Youtube link

Some might say it sounds fine, but this is me just hitting any note and faffing around with it when its only got a bit of treble on it and sometimes I get 0 sound from it so I'm pretty stuck.
Last edited by Liam_Brown at Jul 2, 2013,
it might be a problem with the jack lead too, try it with another cable just to cover all the variables. im pretty sure the jaguar is passive, so it won't have a battery inside.
what happens if you turn the treble down?
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
When my friend tried his Bass we used his Cable and it sounded fine so I already did that. It has a supercell battery in the back I'm cable to open the hatch and see it. and its pretty much the same without treb just quieter
Ok (lol double post n shit) Fixed the problem I've been having for days just BY CHANGING THE ****ING BATTERY cause I thought they took special ones but just regular v9s do the trick, thanks for trying to help anyway, Moody git
ah good good i should probably google my assumptions before i use the as fact
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by Liam_Brown
Ok (lol double post n shit) Fixed the problem I've been having for days just BY CHANGING THE ****ING BATTERY cause I thought they took special ones but just regular v9s do the trick, thanks for trying to help anyway, Moody git

Whenever there is a battery involved, that is the first thing you should check. Would that basses came with a warning light for dying batteries. I have a few very good Yamaha basses, and as soon as that battery drains to a certain point, they sound like an 80-year old radio on its last legs.

Glad it was no big deal! Enjoy your bass!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley