I'm considering buying an electric drum kit, but I'd rather ask people who are using one at the moment for opinions.

The maximum amount I am willing to spend on a new kit is £500, but I want to know which makes are reliable.

From what I've learnt, Roland is one of the makes which are pretty reliable.

If you can help me out, thanks very much.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth
Roland are by far the best in the world, though depending on how good quality you want, you'll need a bit more money. (Though I admit I'm not familiar with prices in England!) A cheap rubber pad kit such as the TD-3 will be around that. If you want something with mesh pads (more like a real kit) such as the TD-15, odds are you need more cash.

Or if you want to look for a used kit like the TD-12, TD-10 or TD-8, they are fully capable kits if they are in good shape. Hope that helps!
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Degitech BP-80
MXR El Grande Bass Fuzz
Boss Bass Chorus CEB-3
DOD FX91 OD
Traynor Dynabass 200
Only go Roland. Roland is the only brand that makes electronic drum kits. At least that's how I see the world.
Thanks for your help, I get the hint =) And to answer Max-Roach, my parents are annoyed because of the noise. Plus, my drum kit is falling apart and I may as well buy another than repair it.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth