I'm not sure which guitar to take...

Today I've tried both of the guitars with the amp Fender Mustang 1...
The epiphone sounded great to me, really great, while the Fender Standard Stratocaster SSS sounded just O.K....

I mean, when I play the Stratocaster, I feel like - It's O.k, not getting "excited", but when playing the Epiphone Les Paul Standard, I'm getting "excited" about the sound...

The seller recomended me to take the Stratocaster... like... A LOT, and so do everyone else(friends - they all have Fender Stratocasters)...

But I loved the Epiphone Les Paul way more then the stratocaster...
Though everyone tells me the Stratocaster fit more playstyles, and that I should get it...

I hear & will probably play bands like :
- A7X
- Linkin Park
- Guns N' Roses
- RHCP
- Foo Fighters
- Nirvana
- Shinedown

I know RHCP + Nirvana use Stratocaster, and GNR uses Les Paul...

So what do you say ? which guitar should I pick ?

Thanks!
Last edited by amitm9s6 at Jul 2, 2013,
You like the Les Paul so get the Epiphone!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Get the one you're excited about. If your friends all love Fenders so much they can buy one themselves.
When you actually try out a good heap of guitars, take the one that feels, plays, and sounds best to you. Since you loved the Epiphone after playing it, take that. Don't listen to your friends about buying the Strat since you'll regret it in the long run.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Tell your friends you're not buying for them and get the one YOU like.
The heart wants what the heart wants. Get the Epi, or you'll be questioning yourself- and the Strat- until you do.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You like the LP, get the LP. When a guitar speaks to you, listen, and forget what your friends say.
It sounds like you already know. Get the one that makes you excited, and enjoy.
its going to be easier to get the RHCP sound with the strat, everything else, Les paul.
Get the Les Paul. I think you knew the answer before you posted this. I had a recent experience where I was saving up for an Epi LP Standard. Then I saw an Ibanez RG421 and played it and bought it. Why this is of note is I have never considered an Ibanez, nor played one because they always had floating trems in the store. I don't want one of those.

TL: DR?
When your heart and your ears are telling you a guitar is the one, why fight it?
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Last edited by Shadowofravenwo at Jul 3, 2013,
Wait, they all tell you to get an all single coil strat to fit what you play... when you play all hard rock and metal? Your friends and the seller have no idea what they're talking about. Get the Epiphone or any other guitar that you are most comfortable with. Don't listen to them.

P.S. Stick with humbuckers
Last edited by ExDementia at Jul 3, 2013,
Quote by ExDementia
Wait, they all tell you to get an all single coil strat to fit what you play... when you play all hard rock and metal? Your friends and the seller have no idea what they're talking about. Get the Epiphone or any other guitar that you are most comfortable with. Don't listen to them.

P.S. Stick with humbuckers

The seller told me I could reach similar sound with the start to the epi...
Quote by amitm9s6

You need a different seller my friend. Single coil and humbuckers sound way different. I know some people point to Jim Root and John 5, but those are custom fenders that most purists I know refuse to acknowledge as Starts and Teles. Yes they are metal guys, but they have humbuckers in their instruments and, I'm no expert on Fenders but non-traditional woods by Fenders standards in their guitars as I understand it.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
I bought an SG BECAUSE everyone I knew played strats. Never regretted it. Now I have an LP and am even happier.
Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion
Quote by Roc8995
Get the one you're excited about. If your friends all love Fenders so much they can buy one themselves.

LOL +1

I have a rule about guitar playing friends. "Don't listen to them. They're full of shit."

Quote by amitm9s6

I also have a rule about people who are trying to sell me stuff. It's pretty similar to the rule about guitar playing friends.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 3, 2013,
Just buy the one which feels more comfortable in your hand, which has better playability as well as ability to produce good sound. And remember there is difference between the sound/tone of Single Coil pickup and Humbucking pickup. If you want to play Hard Rock, Heavy Metal you should go for Humbucking pickups because they'll be able to give you the heavy and fat sound of Rock and Metal genre music(however amp quality and type play vital role here). Some will say Neoclassical shredder Yngwie Malmsteen uses Fender Stratocaster that has single coil pickups but his guitar has his signature YJM Fury STK-S10 pickups installed so there will be huge difference between regular Fender Single Coil pickups and Malmsteen's pickups. I'd suggest to buy the Epiphone Les Paul Standard as your preference for the Epiphone LP is higher than the Strat.