Recently i bought the Peavey Bandit 112 and I think that it is the best amp around for the price, however, it is too loud and too big for my room which i did not think about since i believed that it would have a headphone jack.

Now I am trying to replace the amp, with something smaller but similar, in sound quality but with a headphone jack for the same price or little higher. So I was thinking of replacing it with the envoy 110 but im not so sure if its really all that good?

Any suggestions for the amp? Thanks
Have you tried using the power control switch on the back? Assuming you have the latest version like me, there's a switch on the back to go from 100, 50 or 25% power. Going to 25% allows you to set the volume quite low and still get the half decent sound you'd expect from the bandit.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
its still too loud i tried everything, even connecting it to a 2nd amp (15 watt with headphones) to neutralize the sound of the first one. but it did not work as well so im just trying to get a new one
That's fair enough. Look at the link 311 posted so people can help you. I imagine he'll give you a massive long list of used amps that'll be great or your needs provided you fill out the miniature form.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
BTW

Budget is up to $450
I usually play metal, but i do jazz as well.
Preferred new
For home, but if possible it could be used on small stages for band performance
Closest city - NYC
Now i use the fender stratocaster and or the epiphone les paul with the sucky fender frontman 15g
Honestly sounds like you'd want a Line 6 POD with headphones are something similar.
This is the life we must choose.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm surprised that a big arm hasn't appeared out of the amp and slapped you across the face.
line 6 overall is not a good company if you think about the quality besides i do not want an amp where it has onboard effects
whoe whoe whoe wat?

Line 6 is a great company that makes many quality products.

Their Vetta, Flextone, Pod, UX interfaces, DT-25 amp, speaker cabinets, Spider Valve, customer support, forums, etc are all good man.

It is only their Spider practice amps that really get hated on.

My recommendation is the Peavey Vypr 60.

It has a tube power section lifted off of the 6505+, headphone jack, sounds good at low volumes, based on Transtube technology, has an analog front end, can do Jazz, and LOUD AS HELL IF YOU EVER WANT TO GIG WITH IT.

You also don't have to use any of the effects. I don't use any on mine. I put on the Diezel setting and hammer it.

Otherwise, look at the Vypyr 30.
the vypyr seems to get good review when i look at it; but what would you guys say about the envoy 110?
I'd highly suggest a Vypyr 60 more than an Envoy. You can get used Vypyr 60's for like $200-$250 now anyways if you want to save money.

Is the Bandit really that loud with the volume on 1?

Quote by Cathbard
I'm surprised that a big arm hasn't appeared out of the amp and slapped you across the face.
yeah bandit is rly loud even with the sound turned down to 25% overall since it has a 3 way switch of 25,50,100%
does the vypyr 60 have a headphone jack cuz i dont see anything about it
Yes, it does. It's on the front panel next to the Master volume.

Quote by Cathbard
I don't understand.

Is 0 no volume, and .1 is too loud?

Is the sound of picks hitting your string too loud?

Are you allowed to talk?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Not sure what you are looking at where it doesn't list the headphone jack. I just told you it has one. I should know - I own one.

http://peavey.com/products/vypyr/

Quote by Offworld92
I don't understand.

Is 0 no volume, and .1 is too loud?

Is the sound of picks hitting your string too loud?

Are you allowed to talk?

yeah, no shit.

I always wondered that myself. Especially people that play metal. The noise I make just hitting the strings is probably considered above TV volumes
lol for a small room with neighbors downstairs it is kinda loud XD, but basically bandit is one of the louder amps i heard in a long time. The thing is that I would not be replacing it if there was more space in my house for it or if I had a garage where I could play, but since I do not have both, my only option is to replace for smaller and quieter
Have your neighbors ever complained about noise?

- If no, play the Bandit on low volumes.

- If yes, play the Bandit on 10.

Quote by Cathbard
No amp is going to be quiet enough for you. So yeah, maybe buy some kind of multi FX pedal.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115