Hey guys, I am kinda new to guitar and I currently have an Ibanez Gio with a Fender Mustang 2 amp. I am looking to get a 7 string but I have very little money, so what do you guys think the best seven string would be for 200 dollars. I'm thinking of getting the Schecter Guitar Research SGR C-7 7 String. What are your opinions on this?
My friend won one of those guitars at a Jeff Loomis clinic we were at. Apparently from what he says, his SGR was fine but just needed a good setup.

You might be better off trying to find a used Ibanez RG7421/RG7621 (MIJ) as they'll be a workhorse of a guitar.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
That guitar won't be terrible once you set it up, like Eddy said. Just take the time to work on it and you'll have a pretty decent axe. You aren't gonna get a Mayones or anything, but if your budget is $200, you can make it work. It won't be phenomenal, but you can make it work.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie