Page 1 of 2
Hey everyone!

I'm fairly new to playing guitar but have always had an interest. It's one of those things that was on my bucket list and I decided to just go for it.

I am also one of the founders of GuitarBandits. Have a lot of experience building websites and found combining things that I want to accomplish (playing guitar) and things I already know how to do drives me to keep motivated in accomplishing my goals.

Since I'm working on my first song I'd love to know what the first song is that you guys learned how to play?
First song ever was slipknots before I forget on bass. On guitar... I don't even remember. Some acoustic song
When I come around.

There are 6 chord positions, and they are all power chords hit 3 times
Good Riddance/Time of Your Life by Green Day on acoustic.

On electric, Before I Forget by Slipknot. I remember being blown away by it being easier than on guitar hero.
My first song I learned was Coldplay's "Viva la vida" in simplest version 4 chords and easy strumming pattern. As for fingerpicking I learned "Nothing else matters" by Metallica. Both on acoustic. For electric I took Green Day-"Basket Case".
Hello,I am glad to make friend with you !
Better protected up the Shenguang (blinding) the consequences of the top stage encounter the glare encounter lnger than before mmotank.com remains, follow the assess. may retaliate over Pinseng budget only Sri Lanka hit coming back to buy Cowen to get all your emprend.First you frequently log on some websites, such as duowan,I like the need to sign-up website, you will complete these websites on a action headline protection security protection password after your website was hacker's captured your protection security protection password leaked after on the internet online hackers would offer these details there is a need, they have a lot to do Blizzard activities, some do EA activities and so on.

The details is generic,believe me,the on the bladesoulbuy.com online hackers every attempt virgin dry value of these details.Data is not 100% appropriate protection security protection password, usually ranging from several million to more than a few million,so to filter out invalid details comes from the application, evaluate out the formal website to buy Cost-effective , the biggest staying is black comprehensive

See Daohao is how to do it. Initially offsite protected if you logged in the encounter, then your issue will be closed, closed from vipgw2.com battle will not be able to go in, but if you first lead capture pages and then log in to the encounter, so when your action is closed, batlle web web page is still begin, you can still use the find out out it complicated to enhance your protection security protection password. customized will be able to on the encounter to cost-effective, it's that easy,variety.
Kids by MGMT i had to perform it in front of my whole year 2 weeks later
Last edited by Mr_Maladroit at Jul 24, 2013,
Hey Hey, My My (out of the blue, into the black) by Neil Young. Acoustic version.
Stairway to Heaven.

I hadn't really heard of it when I first started playing guitar but my dad was always making jokes asking me to play it. So I got my guitar instructor to teach me how to play it. It took me a long time but I practiced the hell out of it.
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
i didn't take any lessons so i wasn't really focused on learning songs but i did noodle around and learn chords and techniques and shit. i probably didn't sit down and learn a song up until like.. 3-5 months into playing and i taught myself under the bridge through watching concert videos just as youtube started to take off.
..::fat
lard::..
on guitar it was kryptonite by 3 doors down

on bass it was la grange by zz top
i miss the old kanye
Guitar- Whole Lotta Rosie, AC/DC
Bass-Eight Miles High, The Byrds
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by yinlan
follow the assess.

Indeed.

Anyway, first guitar lick I learned was from 'Pawn Shop' by Sublime, just the line which immitates the vocals from the chorus.

As for whole song, that would be 'My Own Summer (Shove It)' by Deftones, still one of the few songs I know in it's entirety. Although I learned a lot of parts from 'Iron Man' by Take a ****ing Guess Who, although the solo still kicks my ass, so I'm not sure which I can legitimatly claim to have learned first.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
I don't remember. I remember the first solo was Psycho by System of a Down.

Probably something like Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
Brown Eyed Girl

then i was like "**** playing guitar"
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Dont remember exactly it either was sea of lies by symphony X or No boundaries by Michalle Angelo Batio
Hmm, first thing I learned on the guitar were a variety of simple arpeggios and what not. Then some random Jazz riffs.

First song I successfully learned is hard to pin point. I remember quite a few of my early songs I learned starting out, but I cant quite remember which one of the few were the very first. It was either Chop Suey by System of a Down, Laid to Rest by Lamb of God, or Unholy Confessions by Avenged Sevenfold. As far as just pure rhythm guitar practice songs go, my first song was Over the Edge by Zebrahead.

Even before those songs, however, I remember my very the first songs I attempted to learn. They were As I Am and Stream of Consciousness by Dream Theater. Neither of the Dream Theater songs I ever finished learning completely, though, so I don't think they count. But they were my first conquests, as ambitious as they were for a beginner. Dream Theater and John Petrucci is what got me into guitar.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
If I Ever Leave This World Alive - Flogging Molly was the first one I learned all the way through, back when i was trying to learn on a Walmart strat without an amp. Good times, still a fun song to play. The one I picked up guitar to try to learn was Pearl Jam's Yellow Ledbetter, but that one definitely took some time.
Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana. I had no idea what drop D tuning was, so I played it in E standard. Good times.
good times bad times on bass
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Hartke 60W combo
Boss Loop

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley comp
Crybaby Wah
first song:
seven nation army, duh.

\most recent song:
subterranean homesick alien
sigless
"Dammit" by Blink 182 was the first song I learned to play all the way through. It's so simple yet enjoyable.
Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd (hence the username lol).
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by TheChaz
All these July 13ers... I smell a multi-fest.

Yeah seriously, where are all these people coming from

Anyway, the first song I actually learned on guitar was Separation by As I Lay Dying when I was like fifteen.

No regrets.
Page 1 of 2