Hey guys just pulled apart that old dinky I bought and one of the pickups is a Seymour Duncan BJ. I was hoping it was a Jr JB which would be JBJ but I have my doubts. Has anyone heard of this? Also I need help to I.D. this dinky I think its a Japanese but dunno the model number is 308468 I have no idea how to id a Japanese Jackson, but it doesn't correspond with any model numbers of the USA built stuff on the Jackson site.
The B stands for Bridge, and the J stands for the winder Maricela Juarez
I thought the name was JB, not BJ.

JB stands for Jeff Beck.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
That's the serial number you posted. It's a '93 MIJ from the Professional series. Other markings on the headstock or TRC should tell the specific model.
So it is a 93 Japanese Dinky Reverse Professional? I picked it up for 140 bucks. It needs pickups but I think I still got a great deal. and I thought the Seymour Duncan BJ was an INVADER but not sure I've found several invaders that look the same on the pole pieces and have the same BJ tag. BTW what is TRC and how did you look up that serial number?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

JB stands for Jeff Beck.

Nope it stands for Jazz and Blues
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You know when people need pictures.. this might be one of those moments.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Yea but you cannot see the back of the pickup good on my camera. I am 100% sure it says BJ and not JB. I've done the research I'm pretty sure its a vintage Invader I would still like to know how to look up Japanese Jacksons though any Idea?
Quote by Robbgnarly
Nope it stands for Jazz and Blues

I thought it stood for jailbait...
Quote by Fastiticalon
So it is a 93 Japanese Dinky Reverse Professional? I picked it up for 140 bucks. It needs pickups but I think I still got a great deal. and I thought the Seymour Duncan BJ was an INVADER but not sure I've found several invaders that look the same on the pole pieces and have the same BJ tag. BTW what is TRC and how did you look up that serial number?

I learned it several years ago on the Jackson/Charvel forum (aka the JCF). A quick google search for "Japanese Jackson Serial Numbers" will net you several threads on the subject on the JCF and UG. A six digit serial puts it made in Japan between 1990 and 1996. The first digit is the last digit of the year, hence "3" makes it a '93. The MIJ Jackson of the time were called the "Professional" series and usually denoted that by having "Professional" in script below the Jackson logo. The truss rod cover (TRC) may have a model designation engraved on it, like "Dinky", "Dinky Rev." , or "Pro". I have owned a couple of Dinky's, so I'm somewhat familiar with them.
Quote by Fastiticalon
Yea but you cannot see the back of the pickup good on my camera

if it is an invader we don't need to see the back because the front is a dead give away when in comes to invaders
Ok well I tried to upload the pics and they are too big for this board. I'll see if I can find one on the net and load it.
Quote by Fastiticalon
Ok well I tried to upload the pics and they are too big for this board. I'll see if I can find one on the net and load it.

Set up an account with photobucket or imageshack, upload the photos, then use the IMG links to post the pics. Much better than direct uploads and reduces bandwidth consumption on the site.
can you do any better quality pic's? Those look like beer goggle pic's

do you have a multi-meter? if so check the resistance of the pickup then you can help narrow it down
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jul 6, 2013,
Quote by 4FunandProphet
It's an SH-10 Full Shred. Only Duncan with pole pieces like that.

This is what I was thinking. Unless they had an earlier model that was discontinued I don't know about.

TS, is it 2 conductor or 4 conductor wiring? This may help.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.