I'm a noob and I'm in need of a new amp. I have a small epoch amp which I think has seen it's better days and it doesn't sound all too good. I at first had my eye on a Fender Mustang I.

I'm planning to buy a bass very soon and (stupidly) thought I could plug in a bass to my old guitar amp and have my guitar in the new one.

Since I don't have the money to buy two amps I now have my eye on the Peavey Vypyr VIP 1 or 2.

I'm conflicted on 2 things:
- Is the fuzz effect and extra instruments really worth $70 bucks extra (VIP 1 - $130 VIP 2 - $200)? I do really need them?
- Is it better to just get a bass and guitar amp within time?

The equipment I have and planning to get are:
- Gibson Baldwin Signature series (have now)
- Agile AL-2000 (want soon)
- Ibanez GSR2000 (getting soon)

BTW I'm only going to play in private. I'm most likely never going to gig anywhere ever.
Last edited by Kr811 at Jul 3, 2013,
VIP 2, it's a little bigger, so will handle the bass better, and a good fuzz stompbox would cost that anyway.
Alternatively try looking at a used line 6 spider (III or IV), and a used line 6 lowdown 15.
Bass sounds terrible with a guitar amp. How about you buy a cheap warwick. Even if small, the new model has an amazing sound and the smallest model costs next to nothing

EDIT: oh, and I totally agree on the line 6 amps. They are good guitar amps, and offer a lot of variety
Last edited by Kaseke at Jul 5, 2013,