Hey guys,

I need some advice, On the head stock of the guitar next to the tuning keys there are two "string holder" things that hold down the last four strings on the guitar, does anyone know the official name for these and i would like to buy some and don't know what to search for?

cheers
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Jul 3, 2013,
yeah string trees. i don't use them on my strat, they make my strings break more easily. so they're not really necessary.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
yeah string trees. i don't use them on my strat, they make my strings break more easily. so they're not really necessary.

I heard mixed opinions about they make the sound a little "buzzy " without them ?

Im making a custom import strat build you see
Quote by Masquirina
Holdy paws
Tuner grabbies
Windup spoolies

The technical term is "Holdsy Downies."

The Windup Spoolies are also known as Spinny Winny Tuney Woonies.
Quote by Hearnden
I heard mixed opinions about they make the sound a little "buzzy " without them ?

Im making a custom import strat build you see

I personally haven't had any trouble whatsoever with not using mine, and I haven't actually taken off my string tree or anything. It's perfectly functional with the strings just going above the string tree and not touching it. so if you'd like, and it's not too expensive, you could get one and then just not use it if it gives you trouble

I had a holdsy downy on my first strat and I'm pretty sure it was responsible for breaking strings. I stopped using it and occasionally the high e would come off at the nut. Just depends what's more important to you.

Though I suppose you could just install one that only holds the string pretty loosely.