So I've been running a Rat into my Blues Jr on clean. However I've heard a bit about the idea of cranking the O.D. (It doesn't have much) and using an O.D. Pedal as a boost. Does anyone have experience with this? Does it sound more "natural" or something? Thanks!
shoving an overdrive pedal in front of a fender tube amp and playing around with the knobs is one of the best reasons to play a guitar.

i'd start with the amp at the brink of break up and go from there.
boosting a tube amp sounds great (though if you want heavier tones the amp really needs to be able to produce a fair amount of its own distortion... boosting a peavey 6505 will achieve different results than boosting a blues junior, lol).

that being said a rat is a killer distortion box, there's no guarantee you'll prefer the od route. But i mean you can get good ods for very little money, so it's not like it's gonna hurt to try.

bad monkey is a nice one on the cheap if you like the tubescreamer type thing. or the screamin' blues (boss bd2 clone with bass control) for a more transparent boost.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok cool thanks! Honestly there are so many tones I want lol, from a bluesy drive to a gritty distortion. It's like every day I'm taken away by some new tone because of what I'm listening to lol
yeah i know the feeling

from the sounds of it, though, definitely hold onto the rat

actually the rat has a pretty wide gain range, you can use it as a pseudo-overdrive pedal already, just to see. turn the gain down to 9 o'clock or less, and crank the level up (in combination with some amp preamp distortion).

a dedicated od pedal will likely be better at that, but since you already have the rat you might as well give it a shot.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I did try something like that, but it gave kind of a weird whooshy sounding feedback. Then again, I did have the amp's OD cranked, so maybe there was too much going on
yeah try rolling the amp's gain back a bit.

though the BJ doesn't exactly have tons of preamp gain, so I dunno.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?