How hard is this song to learn? I have a wonderful GP5 tab, but it is just so much work haha. I am used to lots of time sig changes and whatnot from learning Protest the Hero songs, but this song seems insane, but I LOVE it...the sweeps at the end will give me issues, but I just want to know how much time was put into learning the song for those that have it down pat.

Thanks,

Trance
First: Talk about anything relating to Between The Buried And Me in the Between The Buried And Me Thread.

Second: Asking about how hard a specific song is would probably be best asked in the guitar techniques sub-forum or something similar.

Third: It doesn't matter how long it took other people to play the song, what matters is how much time and dedication you are willing to put into this piece of music. That is what will determine the length of you achieving a reasonable playing standard for it.
If you can play PTH songs you can play Selkies. The sweeps at the end aren't that bad compared with many of the sweeps in PTH songs. At least, it took me wayyy longer to be able to play Sequoia Throne than it took me to play Selkies. To me the hardest parts of Selkies aren't actually the solo.
Listen. I'm sorry.
To me the hardest part of Selkies is sitting through it
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
'kin hell.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.