Page 1 of 2
Hi all,
We've had an unusually high number of 'summer friends' join us this year, and the forum quality has suffered a bit due to some lack of awareness of rules and expectations. We want you all to find the help you need and become a part of the community, but it's important to maintain some standards of content and basic usefulness.

Please take the time to read the full forum rules in the Rules and Resources sticky, but mostly here's a short reminder list of the most common problems:

Necrobumping. If you are searching through the archives, please take a look at the thread date before you post. If the thread is more than a month or two old, please don't post in it unless there's a very good reason (e.g., you started the thread and there's been an update.) If you really have something to say or ask about the subject, start a new thread.
Settings threads. Please use the ultimate settings thread.
Low-content or opinion posts. Please don't just post half a line asking what the best guitar is, or two sentences about how you like stratocasters. Have a question; be specific; give us information. It helps us give good answers, and it keeps the forum useful for people who need help.
Multiple threads. Please don't make multiple threads on the same topic, and especially don't copy and paste one thread to multiple subforums Take a minute to make sure it's in the right place and you'll get the help you need.

Temporarily, the mods are going to be giving warnings for not following these rules. We've had a big rash of necrobumps and subpar content recently and we want to make sure that it doesn't turn into the norm.

Please feel free to post here or send a private message if you have any questions or issues.
Cosigned
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by greeny23
but its the middle of winter..

But is summer on the top
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by greeny23
but its the middle of winter..

excellent

admittedly your winter is better than our summer

Actually just checked. your winter is slightly worse than our summer by about 1-2 degrees. and you still get more sunshine in your winter than we get in our summer.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

It's just too hot outside...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Cosigned

Secanted.

But anyway, I haven't been on here in a while. Good to see new people though!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
How do I settings?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
please God stop the necrobumping.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
what strings are best for my settings?

"summer rules"??

hello it's winter up here.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Nov 25, 2013,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
What is your opinion on necrobumping multiple threads on strings and settings in the summer months? Discuss.

i don't know if you were referring to me at all, but here is my thouoghts.

necrobumping is tough. if people read the rules it would be better, but i have been on other forums that discouraged posting something new, and would continue to the past. that is what they did. but you would have a sparkplug post with 400 comments with the first being five years ago. so i don't like necrobumping. it was a a mess. so i think more need to be closed ASAP, and explained that to the person that "go start a new post and we will help you there, but don't necrobump and watch the date" thats what i do when i see them then i usually report.

strings need to stop completely or need to be allowed. we need consistency. at the page when you are looking at subforums, under GG&A it does mention 'stings' in there. maybe that would change then.

multiple threads should get them down to one post per topic. close some stay up with the other. if its on different forums, close one and say not to do it and tell them and keep whichever thread's best to go to get proper help.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by greeny23
its summer now

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
It's too cold to be summer, your logic fails.

you should try a summer here
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Well it was 80 here today, winter in Fl is horrible
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It's minus 20C (-4F) here today in the lovely Praries

It's warmed up though from -36C (-33F) last week!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
EVH 5150iii
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
Peavey VTM 60
74' Vibro Champ
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley
Quote by red.guitar
It's minus 20C (-4F) here today in the lovely Praries

It's warmed up though from -36C (-33F) last week!

I would never live in a place like that

We have maybe 5-7 days of -32F every winter. Hell I work in the water building docks, I am still wearing baggies and no wet-suit

I love the sub-tropic weather.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I would never live in a place like that

We have maybe 5-7 days of -32F every winter. Hell I work in the water building docks, I am still wearing baggies and no wet-suit

I love the sub-tropic weather.

I think I could deal with that

I'm not really use to it getting quite this cold either. It's only my 2nd winter here.

I don't care though, I work in an underground mine here its 30C (86F) all year around.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
EVH 5150iii
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
Peavey VTM 60
74' Vibro Champ
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well it was 80 here today, winter in Fl is horrible

it's rarely that hot here in the summer Like it hits 80C for one day maybe one summer in three it hit it this year for a couple of weeks in a row but that was a heatwave

it never hits minus 20C either. I think we hit our record low in 2010 IIRC, -18C. But that was exceptionally rare. I've only seen it drop to minus double figures a couple of times in my entire life (and that's at night, obviously, being freezing during the daytime at all is pretty rare).
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

We are soposed to hit a low of 40F tomorrow night
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I hate you all... I had to put my motorcycle away On Oct 15th! It was getting down to about -5 at night then.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
EVH 5150iii
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
Peavey VTM 60
74' Vibro Champ
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley

Hey there's lots of work here and we have one of the nicest beaches I have ever been -to. Great music scene too and a shit-ton of musicians/artists. I'm going to the store now and I'm wearing a tanktop shorts and flip-flops, my AC is broke in my truck, so I'll just roll the window down
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You are living the dream my friend

I wouldn't mind a change in scenery, but the money is too damn good in my current job, and my job isn't the easiest to find.

I know if I leave I'll be 10+ years working my way back to this kind of salary. But hey, its not that bad here!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
EVH 5150iii
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
Peavey VTM 60
74' Vibro Champ
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley
Quote by red.guitar
I hate you all... I had to put my motorcycle away On Oct 15th! It was getting down to about -5 at night then.

-5C is about as cold as it gets at night in the winter here with any regularity in a normal year. And even that is fairly rare. Normally it's just above/just below freezing at night in the winter, and normally around ~7C during the day (give or take, it can be a little colder or a little warmer).
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

I'm smack dab in the middle of the country which means I get a nice blend (temp swing). There have been times in January and February where it got up to 80+F degrees and I went camping

trashed - no I wasn't talking to you, it was a joke.
hahahaha 80F in the winter 80F in the summer here makes the local news.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by Dave_Mc
hahahaha 80F in the winter 80F in the summer here makes the local news.

We actually have beautiful summers here! It only rained on like 4 days from May to Sept, and bright sun every other day. We can get up to about 36C (97F) on a really hot day here.
Mostly right around 30C for the most part tho. I still think that's to F'n hot, especially when I get stuck in gridlock traffic on my air cooled Ducati
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
EVH 5150iii
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
Peavey VTM 60
74' Vibro Champ
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'm smack dab in the middle of the country which means I get a nice blend (temp swing). There have been times in January and February where it got up to 80+F degrees and I went camping

trashed - no I wasn't talking to you, it was a joke.

i know you were, but i was being serious.

i didn't intend to raise a chat thread about weather, i just wanted more policing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
what is the weather like down there in the 'deep south'?

probably 60* had a front come through, was in the high 70's for the most of the last week or two. i like it because i can open doors and get fresh air. i love the 60*'s

i never really don't pay too much attention. one of my houses (where i am at now) is somewhat near Okeechobee, so its different there than the tampa area.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

can we rename this the "what is the weather in your area today?" thread?
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by red.guitar

We actually have beautiful summers here! It only rained on like 4 days from May to Sept, and bright sun every other day. We can get up to about 36C (97F) on a really hot day here.
Mostly right around 30C for the most part tho. I still think that's to F'n hot, especially when I get stuck in gridlock traffic on my air cooled Ducati

yeah that's too hot for me too. as i said above, we had a heatwave here this summer (first one since 2006 IIRC), and we had two-three weeks where it hit the mid to high 20s (80-85F or so, I suppose) almost every single day. at the start it was awesome, but by the end of it it was just too warm. And because it's so rarely as hot as that here, no-one has any air con or anything in their houses.

a normal summer is normally between about 65-70F most of the time. with the odd day a bit warmer and the odd day a bit cooler. and yeah 4 days of rain throughout the summer wouldn't happen here. even with that heatwave this summer it rained a fair bit of the rest of the time. and is cloudy a lot even when it's not raining.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

I was kicking it with the weather man at my local drinking establishment. He says it was cold as ****, and I believed him.
Page 1 of 2