Page 1 of 2
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Science is ****in' A.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
After all this research the scientist must be dirty. He should wash with some Head & Shoulders.
Until they do floating head doctor I won't won't be impressed. Maybe heads that live jars a la Futurama.
Last edited by Malchius at Jul 3, 2013,
Well that's crazy.
And creepy.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Neat
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
If you're in a situation where your head needs to be placed on a new body, I'm not sure that being paralyzed from the neck down seems as terrible an alternative...

That said, I do fully expect people to be able to reconnect a severed spinal cord in the next several years.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
A whole new way to lose weight.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
I'm not sure whether I find this more freaky or incredible.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Didn't a guy try and do that with a monkey awhile back?

I think some one did it with a reeses monkey in the 70s.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Some thoughts:

-Procedure hasn't actually been done. Some guy is just outlining how he would do it. This is the kind of work where theoretical just doesn't cut it.

-We've known about severed neurons being able to reconnect to other severed neurons for quite some time now, which is the only addendum this paper makes to the original experiment performed in the 70s in which monkey heads were actually transplanted.

-The monkeys only lived 8 days after the transplant. What makes you think humans would fair better? Infact, rat brain cells have been used to control a robot. The brain cells only lived about 3 months because they found that without proper stimulation, the cells died. I would be more interested to see how they propose to overcome this hurdle that connecting the spinal chord, something we've know about for quite a while now. (Now, this method for connecting the spinal chord can't be used unless the chord is cut cleanly, so that's why it's not used for people who have have their spinal chords severed in accidents.)
Quote by metal4eva_22
Some thoughts:

-Procedure hasn't actually been done. Some guy is just outlining how he would do it. This is the kind of work where theoretical just doesn't cut it.

-We've known about severed neurons being able to reconnect to other severed neurons for quite some time now, which is the only addendum this paper makes to the original experiment performed in the 70s in which monkey heads were actually transplanted.

-The monkeys only lived 8 days after the transplant. What makes you think humans would fair better? Infact, rat brain cells have been used to control a robot. The brain cells only lived about 3 months because they found that without proper stimulation, the cells died. I would be more interested to see how they propose to overcome this hurdle that connecting the spinal chord, something we've know about for quite a while now. (Now, this method for connecting the spinal chord can't be used unless the chord is cut cleanly, so that's why it's not used for people who have have their spinal chords severed in accidents.)

Why?
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Why?

I'm not sure. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact it's only a head being kept alive by a fresh blood supply. I mean, at first it seems like you'd only need a fresh blood supply to live, but there are likely other things at work that keep us alive

Here's a source for connecting severed neurons that I forgot to include in my other post. There are many others, this is such an old technique that I learned about it in 2nd year cell biology.
If these medical dramas like Greys Anatomy, Scrubs etc. have any grains of truth to them; anybody having any external transplant (limbs, face etc.) need extensive psychological testing to make sure that they are mentally able to cope with the fact that this new part is not theirs.

A whole head transplant is going to screw with someones head so ridiculously that it's just not ethical. Imagine sitting in that OR, You're being put to sleep for the surgery knowing that this is the last time you'll see, even feel your own body, the piece of meat that you have been for the past however many years you have been alive. I'll admit that it could have some benefits for people that are injured etc. but if its purely just for cosmetic reasons then No!
Quote by metal4eva_22
Some thoughts:

homonyms. learn them.
sigless
Well we're not talking about Spinal Keys. We're talking about Spinal Chords.
It works on many levels.

2meta4u
Page 1 of 2