Hello! Ok, so I leave for church camp soon and I get to lead the worship with my guitar (YAY!!!) My guitar is an Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic Guitar. It is Jumbo size (that's what the J stands for in "EJ".) I found a super great case/gig bag thing (it's kind of a mix of a case and gig bag) for it at Guitar Center and it's perfect! However, I just have one problem. I don't know my guitar dimensions. Can anyone please tell me the dimensions for my guitar, or tell me how to measure the dimensions of my guitar? Please don't ask me what the case dimensions are; once I find out my guitar's dimensions that will be all I need. Please don't tell me that I shouldn't buy a gig bag/case. I just want to know the dimensions for my Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic Guitar.
Have a blessed day!Have a blessed day!
Have a blessed day!
Quote by strum_
Hello! Ok, so I leave for church camp soon and I get to lead the worship with my guitar (YAY!!!) My guitar is an Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic Guitar. It is Jumbo size (that's what the J stands for in "EJ".) I found a super great case/gig bag thing (it's kind of a mix of a case and gig bag) for it at Guitar Center and it's perfect! However, I just have one problem. I don't know my guitar dimensions. Can anyone please tell me the dimensions for my guitar, or tell me how to measure the dimensions of my guitar? Please don't ask me what the case dimensions are; once I find out my guitar's dimensions that will be all I need. Please don't tell me that I shouldn't buy a gig bag/case. I just want to know the dimensions for my Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic Guitar.

I tried Googling it, but couldn't find anything.

Call customer service, 1-800-4GIBSON (1-800-444-2766), they ought to have that answer for you.

Otherwise, I'd take a ruler or tape measure, and then go from there. From saddle to end pin, then nut to headstock. Add those numbers along with the scale length (if you know it), and that'd probably give you a ballpark height. And then measure, width and thickness etc.

Have fun at church camp.
if your close to the GC, just bring your guitar in and fit it. if the people there don't know which gigbag will fit your guitar, they shouldn't be there !
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will most likely fit: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musician-s-Gear-MGA20-Acoustic-Guitar-Bag-in-a-Box-106232804-i1748439.gc zZounds used to sell these, (I think), branded as "Kaycee", but this looks like the same thing. It says they may be in the stores also.

Basically you have to take 3 measurements: overall length, body depth at thickest part, and width of the lower bout. (Fattest part of the guitar, at right angles to the strings).

And avoid any bag that says it's specifically for a "dreadnought", they're a tad too small. especially across the lower bout.

The bag I linked doesn't have formed sides, and that's what you're looking for.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 3, 2013,