Page 1 of 15
Everybody's favorite rogue-like bullet hell that makes you want to stick your fist through the screen faster than a Saturn V, now has its own thread!

Me and a couple of guys from the Gaming thread were talking and figured we'd try this out. Have one place to share strategies, screen shots, brag about how far we've gotten, cry about how hard this game is, and just in general talk about Isaac.

For those of you who don't know, it's basically Zelda from hell, with a naked little boy trying to escape from his psychotic mother who is trying to kill -- ahhh, forget it, just watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtsUmmCBCaQ

Go!
Quote by sashki
I hate the greed heads, who steal your money and have stupid ammounts of HP

Greed heads are the bane of my existance.

A room with a shitload of them and those stupid hanging guys with those stupid invincible flies = a seriously bad time.
Best game. Don't think that I've ever rage quit though - maybe because I don't have the temperament of a five year old gamer.
i have this but i haven't played it yet

i have a really short fuse when it comes to video games, am i boned
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Worst thing I've encountered. Had Dr. Fetus. Had Mr. Mega. Got into a room with Super Pride. Couldn't hurt him.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Yeah, it's like 4 bucks or something.

Too expensive ill have to wait till it goes on sale.

Kidding, ima buy this and see what all the rage is about

Edit: V wtf theres 9 different endings?
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 3, 2013,
I used to love this game and play it constantly but now whenever I play it I always get really bored by the time I hit depths/womb 1. I've played it too much haha. Still a fantastic game though.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Question. Do I need a mouse to play this game? I only use a laptop with the stock pad and I was wondering if that would hinder my gaming experience.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Only thing that the mouse is useful for is Epic Fetus. Other than that, gamepad always and forever.
Quote by supersac
my name is isaac and wat is this?

I came here to say that...
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
This is the game that made me stop playing Dark Souls. I think you'll like it.

By the way, it looks so weird to see you not blue. It's like you're bald.

I think im going to check this game out.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I don't consider this game a bullet hell game by any means. I mean if a Touhou game is bullet hell, how is this? Regardless though, I do love this game and when I finished Wrath of the Lamb had all of the achievements besides one due to a bug in the game.
Quote by PrimalFeelings
I don't consider this game a bullet hell game by any means. I mean if a Touhou game is bullet hell, how is this? Regardless though, I do love this game and when I finished Wrath of the Lamb had all of the achievements besides one due to a bug in the game.

*double-take* Say WHAT? Did you at least get Platinum God?

I wouldn't know how else to describe it other than bullet hell. You run around, dodging projectiles and lasers and monsters, and sometimes you have SO MUCH SHIT coming at you it takes damned good reflexes to dodge it all.

Quote by behind_you
People still play this game?

Yup. A LOT.
I love this game so much. Made it through Mom's Heart 3 times so far, one of which landed me in Sheol (which I managed to survive).
I got this game in one of the Indie Bundles a while ago and have yet to play that.

Oh well, playing Earthbound right now and Animal Crossing is in the mail. No time.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by entity0009
There will be a thread for solitaire next

Solitaire pls. Got some mad strats for card games.
Fast approaching the 70 hour mark for this badboy! Finally beat "secret" boss and Satan yesterday!

Greed heads are the worst, but the big green dude from Ultra-Pride is a pain as well - for such a big dude he's got a tiny hitbox.

Worst boss for me is the Headless Horseman - I always seem to encounter him really early on before I've had a chance to power up
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I really like this game but I unfortunately suck at all video games.
I have never made it past 3 bosses in one play-through.
Quote by valacirca
How the heck do I get better at Isaac?

(thread needs poll for favorite playable character btw)

Honestly? Grind.

Once you learn what all the items/trinkets/tarot cards do, and how the enemies move and attack, it becomes easier. Still hard, but doable.

You could always keep the wiki open in the background to check what tarot cards do what as well I suppose.

It also becomes more enjoyable the more items that you unlock.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

It only gets better, trust me!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
It only gets better, trust me!

There's an achievement called "everything's terrible" after winning enough times
Quote by CoreysMonster
There's an achievement called "everything's terrible" after winning enough times

Yeah, you get it after completing the game 6 times times.

Your reward? It makes the game harder.

Thanks, Team Meat.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Team Meat.

Team Meat is Ed and Tommy Refenes, who work on things as a team. Ed basically made and designed everything in Binding of Isaac by himself, and hired a programmer to code it for him.
I just think Ed McMillen = Team Meat. It's easy to forget it's not actually Team Meat as well, given all the references to SMB!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I still remember when Ed was a lowly little animator bumming around on Newgrounds.