Been playing guitar for several years now and I really want to get my first seven string. The two electrics I have are the ESP/LTD AXXION and a Ibanez S520ex. I really don't want to spend more than $800 and I will be playing mostly metal but versatility is appreciated. As far under that as possible would be best. I have been looking at:

The Ibanez S series 7 strings
I really wish the had made a ludicrous neon colored 7 string s like the other models for the 25th anniversary

the Ibanez ARZ

The BC Rich JRV in transparent Purple

The BC Rich Mockingbird

and last but certainly not least a custom Agile ALS

I don't like RG's, and I find most schecters to be gaudy and ugly
I really want a les paul or telecaster like shape, and i prefer passive pickups

Can TG give me some feedback on those guitars and maybe recommend me some alternatives especially from lesser known companies?
Last edited by Thrashstermind at Jul 3, 2013,
LTD makes a fairly good 7 in the MH-417. I quite enjoyed. The back of the neck put me off a touch. It had a satin finish, which is better than the gloss finish on a lot of guitar necks. I like more of the Ibanez thing with "unfinished" aka oiled(?) necks with a natural finish. Ironically, my PRS SE has a gloss finish on the back of the neck and I love it.

A lot of people on here rave about the MiJ RG7620/7621 and the RG7420/7421 (the 0 means tremolo, the 1 means hardtail). The discontinued them a while back, (2001???) but if you do find them on eBay, etc., I believe they go for around $500. Sorry, just a thought.

There are a couple Epiphone 7 string LP's that I've seen pics of on EG, but you'll have to do a lot of digging.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame